Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    There is another child on the Netherlands Marriage: Dina Locher, age 24 (parents Phillip Locher and Rebecca Samson)married Jakob Pop.

Also Phillip Locher born 30 August 1878, Amsterdam. Died 19 August 1942 on Osweicim, Powiat osweicimiski, Malopolskie, Poland. children Dina Pop and Jetta Bromet. Buried in the Auschwitz Concentration Camp There is also a photograph of Phillip on the "Find a Grave" site.
    Funny, just saw a housing card in Amsterdam which mentions a Leopold Pop in same house as Philip which is here called Locher. Leopo.ld came there 1927. Also my family Jacob Rimini lived there, according to the marriage docs Yetta lived there too, do not see her name
    Best rgds, Paul

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Dear Pam, fromn where would they conclude some of this family are Germans? The name Locher would sound and looks like German, maybe they changed it in the UK into Locker, that name is on her birt certificate.
    Rebecca and Philip both have Holland written and a German subject, so which is which? If I would have data on that German aspect I could search there.
    Paul
    Dear Pam, Sue and Philip: searching through rhe city archives Amsterdam I see wonderous data: it looks like Yetta's parents are Dutch and coming from Amsterdam, see like card from Rebecca Samson, without the p,:

https://archief.amsterdam/indexen/pe...2reb*%22%7D%7D

Philp Locher was born Amsterdam 1878 so it seems his father is named Moses.

Could be speculation but some data fit together, have meailed the archives already

On the adress where Yetta lived in 1924 but is not mentioned did live another husband of het mr Bromet. His name is mentioned on a site called Open Archives.
    Brgds, Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12