Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello again where do you find MMN on birth registrations when i look i can only see the married name

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    Hello again where do you find MMN on birth registrations when i look i can only see the married name
    Pam Downes has given you this info in #post 9

I found the births with MMN using GRO.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

thank you having to learn fast so much to take in

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    thank you having to learn fast so much to take in
    Brownwen, we were all newbies once, and perhaps those of us who had to travel to London and haul the ledgers of the GRO Indexes off the shelves learnt at a speed that made all the information more easily understood by our brain cells. Nowadays it's very convenient to have so many things a click away, but it can also give you brain overload.

Your ancestors have waited all this while for you to find them, so another twenty-four hours won't make a lot of difference. However impatient you are to find the answers you have to take time to make sure that you're following the right families.

When I first started my research I belonged to several mailing lists (forums such as BG were just beginning), and I read every query and every reply. That's where a lot of my knowledge has come from - where to look, what to beware of, etc.

At the top of most of the BG forums are 'stickies' - posts containing useful information which can easily be found. Have a read of some of those - either the ones that sound interesting or ones that you think might be useful (e.g. those referring to railway workers if one of your ancestors was an engine driver.)
    I usually recommend this particular 'sticky'.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...-of-essentials
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12