Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    CBG.nl
    Thought you'd been at the sherry again, Lesley, till I realised that you're replying to Dick's query re the website in post #25.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    I have also done a newspaper search, and there are a number of photographs in publications such as The Tatler and The Sketch taken by Edmund Harrington between November 1928 and December 1933.

Most of these are of theatrical and/or 'society' people, including Ivor Novello and Mrs Evelyn Waugh. There is also mention (in 1929) that Queen Ena of Spain and her daughters had posed for him in his studios. A photograph of Queen Ena taken by Edmund appears in The Tatler on 18 December 1929
    Oops I missed this. The 1941 article mentioned Berks as the location which I thought would help.
    Julie

Settling in

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    A little more information - this says he was an antique dealer at the time of his death:

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/...2333/page/3055

This is a further record of his naturalisation. I believe that Dora Amy is his sister, and (next page) Frederick Herbert Luis is his brother, all three born in Chile:
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/...2444/page/6976

I don't believe that Edmund ever married. In 1921 he and Dora Amy travelled together to Gibraltar, and in 1929 he travelled apparently alone to Tangier, Morocco. On both occasions he travelled First Class and stated that he had 'no occupation' suggesting he was independently wealthy.

You can purchase a copy of his will for £1.50 via the link I posted earlier, which may give you more information about his surviving family.

He was buried 7 April 1961 at St Pancras Cemetery (Camden), and it looks like 1 other person is buried in the same plot. For a small fee you can buy a copy of the burial record, including (for £2) a photograph of the grave. I can't post links to commercial sites, but search for the website "Deceased Online".

I have also found a little more about his military career. On 1 Oct 1917 he was promoted from Officer Cadet to 2nd Lieutenant, Royal Garrison Artillery: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/...pplement/10563

On 11 Oct 1918 he was recorded as serving with the 308th Siege Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery and was admitted to the Queen Alexandra's Military Hospital at Millbank (London) with piles (!). He was discharged 25 Oct 1918, and it was noted that he was aged 20 and had completed 1 year's service, of which 9 months was with the field force. Against his discharge it says One Months Leave, so I take this to mean he was in London on leave.
    You were correct. According interment Details of Authority London Borough of Camden his sister Dora Amy Harrington has been buried on 12 July 1965 in the same lot. Furthermore I can confirm that Thanx to Your enormous lot of information supplied to me I’m now in the possession of his Personal Record Card copy. This upon the three concerning governmental/municipal organizations fought out among each other who was in the possession of this card. There was some confusion because it was thought he remigrated before death MANY THANKS AGAIN “JOMO 1”. YOUR SUPPORT WAS OVERWHELMING GREAT.

Famous for offering help & advice

Great to hear you've been successful in obtaining his Personal Record Card, and thank you so much for coming back and giving us an update.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234