Default WILLS OF EARLY NEW YORK JEWS

I have transcribed with notes Wills of Early New York Jews dating from 1704-1799. These wills appear as extracts and form part of the Synagogue Scribes major data base on Anglo Jewish wills. There are some 40 wills which were originally transcribed by Lee Max Friedman published in 1915 and published in 1966 with additional research and notes including family backgrounds and data on individuals by Leo Hershkowitz.
    These wills can be seen on line via JSTOR (registration required and Ancestry.Co where the original will can be viewed.

Importantly, the addition of the will extracts on Synagogue Scribes Will Extracts data base provides researchers with the facility to use the key word search feature to identify potential links to other individuals on the data base.

I have not transcribed or submitted all the wills as yet but a selection of names include Seixas,Gomez,Cohen,Hays, Simson,Levy, Isaacs, De Torres among others. Some of the individuals have specific UK links as well as to the West Indies.

I would appreciate it administrators permitted this thread to be added as a 'sticky'
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

I would appreciate it administrators permitted this thread to be added as a 'sticky'
    Done, Phillip.
    Alma

Many thanks Alma. My best wishes to you and the other moderators.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"