Loves to help with queries

Default Please can I have a look-up for..

a William Hartwell married Ann Clarke by license 1727 in Buckingham itself but I'm looking for the church entry for the marriage

Sorry - it was 1747

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

'Look-ups' as in 'obtaining a copy of the document' are not only forbidden by our T&Cs
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...conditions.php
    but breach the subscription rules between a person and a commercial company.

Is the parish register entry online? If so, then join the relevant company for a month or use pay-as-you-go. If the document is not online then you will have to apply to Buckinghamshire Archives for a copy.

Forum members are allowed to transcribe what is written in the document without breaking/breaching any rules, but the actual parish register entry for that date won't give much more information than the names of the bride and groom and the date of the marriage. If the licence itself still exists, then that may give further information.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Hi - noted - I have the marriage license entry from FMP but I hoped the church register entry might give her place in more detail than Buckingham/Buckinghamshire adn I can't find it on-line with fmp or ancestry or familysearch

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

If knowing something is extremely important then always get a copy of the original document. Even thirty quid can be cheap at the price.

An index is just that - an index. There are only so many lines/columns available in a spreadsheet, and unless there's one labelled 'for odd and sods' information is often omitted. Especially in indexes produced in the 1980s/1990s. Many years ago, one FHS I know transcribed and published indexes for baptisms, marriages, and burials giving basic information. Probably due to the number of columns that would easily fit on microfiche. They have since re-indexed most of those records and the CDs now produced contain virtually every piece of information available, even down to the fact that a name is spelt one way in the parish register and a different way in the BTs.

Looking online at another county, it seems marriage bonds for 1747 will have one page to the document, though I know there's something connected to marriage which has two. Might be allegations or licences, can't remember which.

Slightly off-topic - if you're visiting county Archives always look at the back of a document. I received that advice from a very experienced transcriber, and thanks to her I found two older children for some 3x great-grandparents in a removal order dated 1817. It explained why there was a four-year gap between them marrying and the first child that I'd found for them.

Had a quick look at Buckinghamshire Archives and it would seem a copy of the marriage licence will only cost you £10.50 plus p&p, so not quite a bad as thirty quid. Though each parish register search is (another) £10.30. Doesn't say if it's slightly cheaper if you know the place and date.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”