Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

hi pam thank you x

I have spent quite some time working on Arthur Roberts/Prosser the last couple of days but still no nearer to working out what was going on with him. I will probably take another look later today and may have a couple of questions for you.
    Christina

PS - I have moved this thread to the Brickwall forum and given it the title Arthur Roberts - Who is he?
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hi
    Thank you
    Arthur roberts is listed as living with my nan mary prosser
    However in 1939 register says my nan correct d.o.b but liated as mary roberts that surname is crossed thro replaced with prosser surname
    Thank u

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Christina,

Interested to know if you have found anything on Arthur Roberts? I’m stumped.The only reference to him appears to be the 1939 register.
    Pam.

Hi Pamela
    So far I have found nothing new but in between ordinary life requiring attention I keep coming back to it.
    I am hoping that I have a flash of inspiration as to where to look next for a clue, any small clue.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Thank you x

Maybe arthur prosser or even arthur roberts was real people?
    I can't find them
    Im grateful for any help
    Thank you again pam,for your help x

Default help please

hi

i have tried finding James prosser born 1938 have his birth certificate ,but cant find anything after that
    i am however searching military records and newspapers, that's my last ideas

regarding Arthur Roberts ,i
    can't anything a few records that don't fit dates wise for example marriage to a lady ,in north east England 1950
    both huge brick walls i don't no how to proceed

so far myself, and had help we have been through decades ,alternative spellings,written to those with prosser or Roberts surnames on several family history sites,plus social media sites,

could i ask please,for ideas or suggestions
    many thanks for reading and any help x

Default update no information

w have both my aunts birth cert says James prosser as father 1940
    my dads birth cert says Arthur prosser as father 1949
    i have checked for any siblings cos my aunt age 9 years older,we wondered if any other kids born in the 9 year gap we searched
    couldn't find any

we welcome any ideas or suggestions
    thanks for reading this from caz prosser

I took another look at this yesterday and still nothing.
    Just an observation, are we saying that Arthur was using the first name James on your aunt's birth certificate in 1940 and then in 1949 on your father's birth certificate he used his own first name Arthur but the previous married surname of his "wife" Mary Ardwinkle?

One coincidence I did come across whilst searching was a marriage of an Ada J Prosser (Born 10 Nov 1912) to an Albert C Thornton in Bethnal Green 1937. Thornton is the maiden surname of Ethel May who is living with James Prosser 1929-1978 in the 1939 register.
    Ada J age 27 and Albert appear to be in the 1939 register at Barking, Essex, but Albert C is now Charles H F Thornton age 25! I can't find a birth, marriage or death for a Charles H F Thornton on FreeBMD any time, anywhere.
    There is a baptism at St Peter, London Docks, Tower Hamlets, for a Charles Albert Edward Thornton baptised 27 September 1914 born 10 Sep 1914 parents Albert and Catherine Thornton. Only one marriage of an Albert Thornton to a Catherine on FreeBMD 1890 to 1914 and that is registered in the Liverpool district 1913 Albert E Thornton and Catherine D Finchett. There is another Thornton Finchett marriage in Liverpool 1909 Joan Finchett and James Percy Thornton.

Death Charles Albert E Thornton age 64 birth date 10 September 1914 Death reg March 1/4 1979
    Death Ada J Thornton age 53 birth date about 1912 death registered Dec 1/4 (October) 1965

I've made my head spin again and still no further ahead with this mystery. The Prossers and Thorntons can't make up their minds what they want to be known as.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast