Famous for offering help & advice

Default Parish Registers Online

The Nottinghamshire Parish Registers, with images, are now available on the Ancestry website. The Yorkshire Parishes of Austerfield and Bawtry are included in the collection.

Apparently these cover 75% of the Anglican holdings of the Nottinghamshire Archives, with the remaining 25% to be added in Late Spring 2023.

Thank you, Mitch.
    Alma

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Thanks for this information, Mitch.

I always have trouble finding the correct data-set so for anyone else in the same boat you need
    Nottinghamshire, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812
    Nottinghamshire, England, Church of England Baptisms, 1813-1919
    Nottinghamshire, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1937
    Nottinghamshire, England, Church of England Burials, 1813-1994

Until the remaining 25% of registers are added next year, check whether 'your' parish is currently listed by the following:

Within each set, on the right-hand side of the page, you have the option to 'browse' through the registers for a parish, and then by a specific date range. So if you're looking for an event in a particular parish I would suggest that you first of all check that the registers for that parish are available, and then available for the date(s) that you need. If the parish and date(s) you want aren't listed in the 'browse' section, then you're unlikely to find the name in the index.

This method should also work after the remaining registers are added in cases where the registers have been lost.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Pam,

Even better for what's included, is this excellent, comprehensive, list by holding and Parish and year coverage, of exactly what the archives have and what has been uploaded to Ancestry so far: https://www.inspireculture.org.uk/do...5_Aug_2022.pdf

I now need a year off work to deal with this, and one of my main parishes isn't included in this upload!

Mitch