Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi megan
    Yes ellen is emma day. She was married to a thomas alty. We cant find his birth or death crrt. But we have their marriage cert.
    As you say the parents of the three girls did not marry.

Thanks we will get his will. Ivy pate had done a dna test on ancestry.

Hello no this is not our family

Hello yes thanks we were aware of these things

Hello all and thanks for your response. Can anyone advise us how dna testing might help. Ivy pate and my wife have done the test as has the son of alec pate.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by gazzac View Post
    Hello all and thanks for your response. Can anyone advise us how dna testing might help. Ivy pate and my wife have done the test as has the son of alec pate.
    Since it was me that mentioned DNA, what I wondering was whether anyone that you suspect of being a child (or later descendant) of Sir John Brickwood would have a match with anyone with a known blood connection to him who might have tested. From what you say, on your side that would presumably be Violet's children Victor jnr and Rosalind, and potentially also Ivy and Alec - plus any descendants of any of these.

But before thinking of contacting the Brickwoods, do the tests you've already done reveal anything about the fathers of Ivy and Alec? I think I'm right in saying that if they had different fathers, your wife and Alec's son would be second cousins, but if I and A had the same father they would be half first cousins. The amount of DNA that matches share can vary, but the results might indicate which of these possibilities was more likely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12