Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moses Burke.

Loves to help with queries

Hi jomot1, thanks for contacting. First of all I do have a copy of the 9-6-1939 article regarding the Diamond Wedding of John & Hannah Maria. There has been confusion over the "second son of Mr & Mrs M. Burke".
    There was only 1 son born to Moses & Ellen, and that was John. He was born 4-11-1857 and registered 13-12-1857. Then he was baptised 9-5-1860. His birth was 7 days before the wedding and his mother was shown as "Ellen Phillips" - correct - she was the widow Phillips. Then John was baptised 9-5-1860 with his mother shown as "Ellen Burke". At the time of the marriage of Moses & Ellen her son, Edward, (by Edward Phillips) was still alive - he died 3-5-1860. Therefore, at the time of the marriage John was "the second son".
    Do hope you can follow all this!!.
    I reckon you have found the death of Moses/John Burke. It does seem to fit. Thanks very much. Am checking everything out. Jeddah.

Me again - have had a look at the article regarding Mary Burke etc and the will. Not so sure now!!
    Shall have to check further. I am unsure if Moses/John married a second time. Have only known him to have had the one wife, Ellen, with whom he only had one son, John. But as you say, the address at the time of death seems to fit in with John & Hannah Maria living nearby. The plot thickens!!! Jeddah.

Famous for offering help & advice

I really wasnt sure about that death either - some thing fit, others didnt.

With such a common name as "John Burke" it's so easy to get side-tracked. I know he's dead - he just has to be - otherwise he'll be the oldest man alive!!!!! Shall keep looking. Thanks for your help. Jeddah.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123