Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Have you tried looking for Presbyterian churches for the burial, or even a baptism for Percy? My London ancestos baptised in the local Cof E in Southwark but I couldn't find two crucial burials. I eventually found them in a Methodist Chapel. The connection must have been strong as 200 years on the family is still Methodist or associated churches.pwholt

Settling in

Hello,thank you for your suggestion.I have tried all the burial records I think would be relevant,but haven't had any results yet. It's too far to travel down to London,so all on-line & telephone work.National Archives to check out next. The search goes on....
    Kind Regards
    Soozi-B

Settling in

I have checked out Percy Holroyd born in Huddersfield,but there doesn't seem to be any connection with Emily. I don't understand why he was registered as Percy McDuff at the school in 1884 either. Does seem a bit strange,although Emily may not have been able to care for him,so made an arrangement with the McDuff family to care for Percy. We may never know. I really hope I am able to trace some more info about Emily's life,though.
    Many thanks again.
    Kind regards
    Soozi-B

Famous for offering help & advice

A tree says that Percy was born at Queen Charlotte's Hospital.

If that's correct then London Metropolitan Archives has the Register of In-Patients. For 1881 the reference is H27/QC/B/01/005. How much they might tell you though I've no idea.

Settling in

Hi,Percy was indeed born at Queen Charlotte's Hospital; I have his birth certificate.I have checked the LMA ref you gave me, but cannot access the records as they don't seem to be digitised. I am unable to travel to London & the cost of them doing a search is too expensive.On the backburner at the moment I am afraid. I also wondered if there would be records for Paddington Infirmary where Emily died,but haven't found anything yet. Hopefully the records will be digitised at some point.
    Regards
    Soozi-B

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Soozi-B View Post
    I also wondered if there would be records for Paddington Infirmary where Emily died,but haven't found anything yet.
    I looked for those too, and it seems a new infirmary was opened in 1886. Familysearch has the admission and discharge register (images) for Paddington Workhouse Infirmary Harrow Road from February 1886, but of course Emily died 20 January 1886.....

ADDED: Forgot to add that I also checked the Paddington Workhouse admissions for her from 1883-1886, and again nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12