Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator

so if Kathleen was married before marrying Jacques, her maiden name was not Burrows. As the marriage registration to Jacques shows Kathleen Burrows. But her father Henry was a Burrows so do you have any other information on the first marriage?

Famous for offering help & advice

Sue, it can’t have been Kathleen’s marraige in 1921 she would have been 10 yrs old. The wedding cert I saw on Essex Archives states spinster,Jacques was a bachelor also.

Looking at all the current data regarding Jacques Manheim and his marriage to Kathleen Burrows Jan qtr.1937 Tendring 4a 1951 plus the JewishGen Dutch survivors data and the Holocaust survivor list you have at least 1 of the couple a Jew. I take Jacques to have been a Jew who married Kathleen a non Jew ( I think there is a baptism record for her). Her dob in the Jewish Records is 11 July 1911 and Jacques 30 Dec 1910. There are also Burrows and Crewdson surnames in the Jewish family trees online but these need unpicking and may or may not have any relevance to the lines Paul is researching.
    My reading of the Friesian police record is that Jacques and Kathleen were arrested because of their Jewish relationship which is why they are listed under the Dutch survivors data base.

Paul-as you and I have discussed privately you need to post what you already know and need to identify plus what you understand regarding the various relationships to your lines. This would save time and help those who are seeking to help you as Pam Downes rightly stated. This is not a criticism but as a help to you also.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Looking at all the current data regarding Jacques Manheim and his marriage to Kathleen Burrows Jan qtr.1937 Tendring 4a 1951 plus the JewishGen Dutch survivors data and the Holocaust survivor list you have at least 1 of the couple a Jew. I take Jacques to have been a Jew who married Kathleen a non Jew ( I think there is a baptism record for her). Her dob in the Jewish Records is 11 July 1911 and Jacques 30 Dec 1910. There are also Burrows and Crewdson surnames in the Jewish family trees online but these need unpicking and may or may not have any relevance to the lines Paul is researching.
    My reading of the Friesian police record is that Jacques and Kathleen were arrested because of their Jewish relationship which is why they are listed under the Dutch survivors data base.

Paul-as you and I have discussed privately you need to post what you already know and need to identify plus what you understand regarding the various relationships to your lines. This would save time and help those who are seeking to help you as Pam Downes rightly stated. This is not a criticism but as a help to you also.
    Dear Philip

Thanks for your kind post.
    Jacques most certainly would be a Jew, I have several Manheims in the family tree.
    For Kathleen I was so far unable to find what she is but I do not think she is Jewish.
    Where did you find a police report of the Frisian police, did nony find data that the two wre hiding in a town called Ijlst, have asked the site for data. There would have t be a plice report in Amsterdam but the city archives did not find it(yet).

So how can I make it known what I know and still need? Make a new theread, that would be confusing. Let me know what to do with this thanks.
    As I said I am not so famliar with Uk geneaogy although quite some family members went there or came from there.
    Best regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    so if Kathleen was married before marrying Jacques, her maiden name was not Burrows. As the marriage registration to Jacques shows Kathleen Burrows. But her father Henry was a Burrows so do you have any other information on the first marriage?
    Dear Sue, have no data on any marriage except for the one of 1937 to Jacques.
    Best regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post

Hi Philip, have learnt a lot since then: the UK marriage of May 1, 1937 according to the Amsterdam Achives took place in Lawford not Tendring. Then during last part of the war, after they were relased from Westerbork July 1943, they went into hiding in Friesland and submerged again in Amsterdam, in 1945. They had a son born there in 1947 Michael Robert but so far no luck finding him in records. Then october 9, 1952 they emigrated to Canada by way of ship from Antwerp to Montreal. That month in 1952 they arrived in town of Sexsmith(Alberta) and had several function in local Anglican church, Jacques is now called Jack and has a job as printer/compositor at the Sexsmith Sentinel. In the 60s and onwards they lived in Seattle, King County, WA where Kathleen died in 1967 and Jack in 2000, he remarried a woman from Philippines who herself died in 2012.
    What I now still need is: when did the couple move to Amsterdam, are there records of them leaving and from where? In Amsterdam archives it states that Kathleen came from Manningtree(do not know where that is)her first adress in Amsterdam is in 1938.
    Thanks ot yu and all who read this, best regards, Paul

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Hi Philip, have learnt a lot since then: the UK marriage of May 1, 1937 according to the Amsterdam Achives took place in Lawford not Tendring.
    The reference Philip gave you which quoted Tendring referred to the registration district in which the marriage took place, not the actual town. This is a list of the places in Tendring registration district.
    https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/tendring.html
    If you look down the list you will see that Manningtree is also listed, and in fact Lawford and Manningtree are adjacent parishes.
    Then during last part of the war, after they were relased from Westerbork July 1943, they went into hiding in Friesland and submerged again in Amsterdam, in 1945. They had a son born there in 1947 Michael Robert but so far no luck finding him in records. Then october 9, 1952 they emigrated to Canada by way of ship from Antwerp to Montreal. That month in 1952 they arrived in town of Sexsmith(Alberta) and had several function in local Anglican church, Jacques is now called Jack and has a job as printer/compositor at the Sexsmith Sentinel. In the 60s and onwards they lived in Seattle, King County, WA where Kathleen died in 1967 and Jack in 2000, he remarried a woman from Philippines who herself died in 2012.
    What I now still need is: when did the couple move to Amsterdam, are there records of them leaving and from where?
    I would assume that they left sometime after they married and before that date in 1938 in which you found Kathleen at an address in Amsterdam.
    In Amsterdam archives it states that Kathleen came from Manningtree(do not know where that is)her first adress in Amsterdam is in 1938
    Manningtree is in Essex. Try looking at a map, or else type the name into a search engine.
    Thanks ot yu and all who read this, best regards, Paul
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    The reference Philip gave you which quoted Tendring referred to the registration district in which the marriage took place, not the actual town. This is a list of the places in Tendring registration district.
    https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/tendring.html
    If you look down the list you will see that Manningtree is also listed, and in fact Lawford and Manningtree are adjacent parishes.
    I would assume that they left sometime after they married and before that date in 1938 in which you found Kathleen at an address in Amsterdam.

Manningtree is in Essex. Try looking at a map, or else type the name into a search engine.
    Thank you Pam for this new insight, have a good evening, Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123