Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Re posts #2 and 3, the Priory Road address is that of Kathleen's parents, Henry and Elizabeth.
    They were living there when they died. Henry in January 1959, and Julia in December 1959.
    More details in the Probate calendar {Ancestry dataset England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1995)].
    Margaret Rose Weston is Kathleen's twin sister.

There may be something about Kathleen's 1957 visit in the local paper, but there's currently nothing onlinein the British Newspaper Archive.
    You'll have to do a bit of research to find out exactly when these newspapers were first published published, but local papers for Ipswich seem to be the Ipswich Star and the East Anglian Daily Times.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

The Dutch Survivor Lists have Kathleen Mary Burrows Manheim b 11 July 1911 and Jacques Manheim b 30 December 1910 -JewishGen. Further details on each of them can be obtained via e mail request to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum-Holocaust Survivors and Victims Document Request Form.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Re posts #2 and 3, the Priory Road address is that of Kathleen's parents, Henry and Elizabeth.
    They were living there when they died. Henry in January 1959, and Julia in December 1959.
    More details in the Probate calendar {Ancestry dataset England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1995)].

There may be something about Kathleen's 1957 visit in the local paper, but there's currently nothing onlinein the British Newspaper Archive.
    You'll have to do a bit of research to find out exactly when these newspapers were first published published, but local papers for Ipswich seem to be the Ipswich Star and the East Anglian Daily Times.
    Goodmorning dear Pam
    Thanks very much for your kind reply and data. Through Familysearch I found that mother's name is Crewdson so your data fits that. Did not know she came back to UK in 1957 and then went to Canada again. Had only the date of october 10, 1952 from Amsterdam to a town called Sexsmith in Canada, have already written to them. Is there a town mentioned when she went back to Canada?

Have a nice day, best regards, Paul

Hi Pam, me again, so the father's name should be Weston and mother's family name, according to Familyserach is Crewdson, could either of them be Jewish? Also do not know if Kethleen and Jacques had a chuppa in Lawford in 1937.
    Best regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    I think that the entry on the 1911 census is probably Henry and Julie Elizabeth (Kathleen's parents).
    Living at West View, 3 Manor Road, Romford.

Henry is an Accountant, age 36 born in Aldgate.
    Julia Elizabeth 1ge 35, born Romford
    Lily Dorothy, daughter age 12 born Romford
    Thelma Fanny age 7 born Romford

As Kathleen was not born when the census was taken she would not appear.

Henry married Julia Elisabeth Crewdson in 1897 registered in Romford.
    Goodmorning dear Sue, am a bit puzzled by the family names:Henry would be Henry Weston, Julia would be a Crewdson but Kathleen is a Burrows, where does that come from. Pam said her twin sister is a Weston so that must be father's family name right?
    Best regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Goodmorning dear Sue, am a bit puzzled by the family names:Henry would be Henry Weston, Julia would be a Crewdson but Kathleen is a Burrows, where does that come from. Pam said her twin sister is a Weston so that must be father's family name right?
    Best regards, Paul
    Sue,
    Ignore this message.
    Paul has got his knickers in a right twist.
    I will sort him out in my next post.

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Goodmorning dear Pam
    Thanks very much for your kind reply and data. Through Familysearch I found that mother's name is Crewdson so your data fits that. Did not know she came back to UK in 1957 and then went to Canada again. Had only the date of october 10, 1952 from Amsterdam to a town called Sexsmith in Canada, have already written to them. Is there a town mentioned when she went back to Canada?

Have a nice day, best regards, Paul
    Have you read, learnt, and inwardly digested posts #6 and 8?
    I understand that you have access to Ancestry, in which the question in your last sentence you can find for yourself in their 'U.K. and Ireland outward passenger lists 1890-1960' dataset.

Your post #14.
    Hi Pam, me again, so the father's name should be Weston and mother's family name, according to Familyserach is Crewdson, could either of them be Jewish? Also do not know if Kethleen and Jacques had a chuppa in Lawford in 1937.
    Best regards, Paul
    Kathleen and Margaret are twin sisters, daughters of Henry Burrows and Elizabeth nee Crewdson..
    Kathleen married Jacques Manheim.
    Margaret married Stuart Frank Weston.

I would assume that the main clue to anyone being Jewish would be if they married in a synagogue, but unless you can find anything on a site such as JewishGen, you might have to get a copy of the marriage certificate.

Have you read, learnt, and inwardly digested posts #6 and 8?
    I understand that you have access to Ancestry, in which the question in your last sentence you can find for yourself in their 'U.K. and Ireland outward passenger lists 1890-1960' dataset.

Your post #14.

Kathleen and Margaret are twin sisters, daughters of Henry Burrows and Elizabeth nee Crewdson..
    Kathleen married Jacques Manheim.
    Margaret married Stuart Frank Weston.

I would assume that the main clue to anyone being Jewish would be if they married in a synagogue, but unless you can find anything on a site such as JewishGen, you might have to get a copy of the marriage certificate.
    Dear Pam and ue, sorry if I have offended anyone or made terrible mistakes.
    Have no access to Ancestry anymore unless I renew subscription and it was up with 2 euros again so.....
    Have seen and digested posts 6 and 8 and am busy with that data.
    As for the Jewish data, will check that and have already send some mails across.
    Sorry to keep you all so busy, but from the UK you all have a better understanding of genealogy from that side of Europe.
    Have a great day, best regards, Paul

Famous for offering help & advice

The marraige of Kathleen Burrows & Jaques Menheim was listed in Church of England Marraiges 1754-1937.

There is an image of the marraige cert available to view for a small fee on Essex archives online.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    The marraige of Kathleen Burrows & Jaques Menheim was listed in Church of England Marraiges 1754-1937.

There is an image of the marraige cert available to view for a small fee on Essex archives online.
    Thank you very much Pam!
    Best regards, Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast