Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Question Jenny Jutsom/Juttsom/Jutsum

Hi,Its many years since I last posted.

My 4x gt grandparents Thomas Reynolds and Jenny Jutsom married in Exeter St Sidwell in 1781.
    I have searched for many years for the baptism of Jenny/Jane Jutsom/Jutsum/Juttsom in the Devon area to no avail. I did however find a Jenny Juttsom born 1758 baptised 12 Dec 1759 in Somerset to Thomas Juttsom and Mary. I know there are many Jutsom and variants in Somerset and Devon and I am trying to find any connections to my Jenny who married Thomas Reynolds in Exeter. Any information would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Super Moderator

Did Thomas come from Exeter? Do you know if he was born there?

John Jutsum Reynolds, bap 24 Jan 1796, parents Thomas and Jane Reynolds, Exeter St. Davids

There are a number of Reynolds baptisms 1782 onwards at Exeter St David's, parents Thomas and Jane (Mary 16 Oct 1782, Mary 5 Sep 1784, Sarah 10 Sep 1786, Thos 26 Apr 1789, Charles, 29 Jan 1792, John 25 Jul 1794, James 31 Oct 1802).

Cannot spot a baptism with a Jenny as mother or a burial for a Jenny. Possibility -
    Jane Reynolds, 28 July 1831, age 73 years, St Davids Hill. YoB calculated from burial "fits" the Jenny birth

Burial for Thomas?
    Thomas Reynolds, 20 Nov 1823, age 64 years, St David's Hill..

Possible births
    Thomas Reynolds, 14 Feb 1759, Exeter, father Stephen
    Thomas Reynolds, 25 Dec 1759, Exeter, father Charles

Some "unpicking" needed yet!!
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes Thomas Reynolds did come from Exeter. I have all the information on Thomas, its possibly he could have done some work in Somerset? Not sure.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, thank you for your reply. I have all the information on Thomas Reynolds and his family its his wife Jenny Jutsom/Jutsum I cannot find. Its possible Thomas worked for a time in Somerset he was a hellier/mason. It's also possible the Juttsom family moved over the boarder into Devon so have been searching for information on Jenny's father Thomas Juttsom! I have searched for many years in the Devon area but the baptism of Jenny Juttsom in 1759 in Somerset is the only one that fits! Thomas Reynolds was the baptism on 25 Dec 1759 to Charles thank you for trying.

Famous for offering help & advice

you've probably seen a Mary JETSOM, baptised 1755, Wookey, Somerset, to Thomas & Mary

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Yes I had spotted that thank you. I also saw a marriage of Thomas Jetsom and Mary Cuff on 9 Mar 1754 in Wookey, Somerset. Possibly the parents of Jenny? I've fouund the name Jetsom/Juttsom /Jutsom there are many variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie12 View Post
    I have all the information on Thomas Reynolds and his family.
    Thomas Reynolds was the baptism on 25 Dec 1759 to Charles thank you for trying.
    You may have "all the information" but those of us coming in "cold" need to check things out - hence the information posted.

Could you explain why you have plumped for the 25 Dec birth to Charles rather than the 14th Feb to Thomas?

Again, do you have Jenny/Jane Reynold's burial/death details which might pinpoint YoB?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you for the reply. Charles Reynolds was witness at his son Thomas's marriage. Jane/Jenny was buried on 28 July 1831 age 73 St Davids Exeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie12 View Post
    Jane/Jenny was buried on 28 July 1831 age 73 St Davids Exeter.
    Why not add this snippet at the outset?