Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default back again for new search

Most of you know my posts for searching my Jewish family in the UK, so here is a new one: have already checked sites like Ancestry, free BMD etc but nothing came up which I could open and use, even my subscription in Ancestry did nothing.

Am looking for:

ELISABETH HENRIETTE BRAMSON, born Amsterdam 23-12-1902, daughter of Johand Bramson and Klara Citroen
    Died December 3, 1955 London
    Married Zandvoort 30-12-1926 to
    KAREL VAN BOHEMEN, born 6-12-1900 Groningen
    Son of Nathan Bohemen and Betty Cohen
    Died London June 9, 1964

So all data is welcome, documents of their deaths and stay in London, maybe immigration docs etc.
    Thanks all very much for helping

Most of data is necessary for a story on the family Bramson for the laying of Stolpersteine for other Bramson family members who were killed in the Holocaust

Famous for offering help & advice

There’s a few hits on Ancestry for the couple.Probate,burial details from Find A Grave,passengers lists incoming & outgoing to New York 1948.
    The passenger list images aren’t very clear so cannot read the address.
    There’s also the US arrival & outgoing images but I can’t view these as I don’t have Worldwide subs.

Did any of these appear when you searched Ancestry?

I have tried many times to upload images to this site but never had any success so am unable to put the images on here for you. Maybe another member will be able to help with the images.

Added: sent you a private message

Super Moderator

Have you seen the probate entry for Karel? If not it reads: Bohemen Karel of 7 Crescent Road, Enfield Middlesex died 6 September 1964 and Enfield. Probate London 14 May to Mary Isobel Faulds Bohemen widow and John Bohemen research chemist. £33468 in England.

May not be your Karel but a coincidence if he died the same year. Checking on FreeBMD, the only Karel (transcribed as KARFL) is in the September quarter of 1964, age 64.

Probate entry for Elizabeth: BOHEMEN Elizabeth Henriette of 36 Sedgecombe Avenue Kenton Middlesex married woman died 3 December 1955 Administration London 10 November to Karl Bohemen company director John Boheman research chemist and Calre Elizabeth Constance Bohemen spinster. Effects £345 19s. 3d. in England

Super Moderator

On another site for Elisabeth's death. It states she died on 28 March 1956 at Kenton and the burial is Golders Green Crematorium Plot X-AC-50A. Her birth date stated is 23 December 1902, spouse Karel Bohemen.

Karel born 6 Dec 1900 died 13 September 1964. Again Golder Green Crematorium. Plot A-P6A-24

Dear Sue,
    Thanks for your kind reply
    Karel is son of Nathan Bohemen and Betje Cohen, Karel was born Amsterdam 1870 and he indeed was a company director. His father was not a chemist though.
    Best regards, Paul Beek

Dear pamela

Thanks for your kind reply and data.
    However on Ancetry,com none of the two appear with any information, by the way they did not go to the USA but to London
    Best regards,
    Paul Beek

Outgoing & Incoming to & from New York 1948. Maybe a business trip or holiday.

Karel Bohemen

UK and Ireland, **Outward Passenger Lists, 1890-1960

Name: Karel Bohemen
    Departure Age: 47
    Birth Date: abt 1901
    Departure Date: 30 Apr 1948
    Departure Port: England
    Ship Name: Queen Mary
    Shipping Line: Cunard White Star Limited
    Destination Port: New York, USA

UK and Ireland, **Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960

Name: Karel Bohemen
    Arrival Age: 47
    Birth Date: abt 1901
    Port of Departure: New York, New York, USA
    Arrival Date: 4 Aug 1948
    Port of Arrival: Southampton, England
    Ports of Voyage: New York
    Ship Name: Queen Mary
    Shipping Line: Cunard White Star

You can view these and other images on another site for free,they have addresses and state he is a company director.
    Last edited by Pamelawagster; 21-07-2022 at 8:33 AM. Reason: Added

Hi Beek
    First of all do you have full access to Ancestry? I ask because if you do then why not contact the individuals who have posted family trees on your lines. Some of them are likely to have more data/photographs etc which is what you are seeking.
    There are Newspaper articles on the lines but you will need subscription.
    JewishGen also have burial data.

In addition, if you want to build a full picture on the lines then various bmd records could be bought. I know that you previously posted that funds were limited but if so then contact with other Ancestry family tree owners may provide you with such documents.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Dear Pamela,
    Thanks, must be for business since she is not mentioned

If you go to the site from private message you can view this and other records I did see a record with both of them travelling together.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast