Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

JewishGen has a range of data on the lines. The photograph of the small tombstone for Karl is on JewishGen as are the details of his death and for Elizabeth. In addition, there are Holocaust records and links to the survivors including Betje.
    In addition, the Jewish Chronicle Archives have records on Bramson and associated lines.

It would make sense if Paul said exactly what data he does already have and what particularly he is looking for.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Loves to help with queries

Hi Philip

The death dat from JewishGen I found.

So what do I need still:
    1) when did they enter UK, where did they live
    2) member of a Jewish synagogue?
    3) Data on Karel going to the US 1948 on Queen Mary

Thanks Philip and all readers

The London Electoral Registers show Claire E, John, Mary I Brohemen living together but no Karel/Karl. Claire born 1929 to Elizabeth, John b 1934 to Elizabeth. Elizabeth dies and Karel/Karl re-marries to Mary I Smith in 1957. It looks as if Karl/Karel was not living with the family - any comments Paul?
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Famous for offering help & advice

There are 2 addresses in the info in Post #3.One of which is the same address as in 1939

1939 register.

36 Sedgecombe Avenue, Kenton, Wembley M.B., Middlesex, England

~??? Buheman 06 Dec 1900 Company Director Married
    Margaret M Richardson 22 Nov 1916 Domestic Servant Married

The transcription doesn’t have a forename but the image is Karel although very faint.
    Last edited by Pamelawagster; 21-07-2022 at 1:59 PM. Reason: Added

Super Moderator

Phillip -
    I was looking at the electoral registers for Karel but couldn't find him. Then realised he would not appear as he was probably still a Dutch citizen and therefore unable to vote in this country. Is this right?

I find John Claire and Mary and I thought Mary may have been John's wife as she seems to be living with him later in Enfield, but now I see that John married in 1963 to Ulla-Maijak Ojala.

Super Moderator

In1948 when Karel went to the USA he was alone. However when he returned he was accompanied by Elizabeth.. The address given was 36 Sedgecombe Ave. On 24 May 1948 Elisabeth arrived in New York from Southampton. . The address given was 36 Sedgecombe Ave. with Daughter as the "Person in the Old Country". She was 5feet 3 inches tall, black hair and brown eyes. So perhaps she went to NY later to meet her husband?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    This could be linked to the death of Karel.

“DEATH ON FAIRWAY Company director Karl Bohemen, of Crescent-road, Enfield, Middlesex, died of a heart attack while playing golf at Enfield Golf Club yesterday. ...”

I have no credits to look further at the article in the newspaper archives.
    The item, in the Daily Mirror, 7th Sep 1964, is just what you have posted - no additional info when viewing the article itself. However, the Daily Herald, 7th Sep 1964 is able to add "... while playing the seventh hole".
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Thanks Helachau,glad I hadn’t paid to view the article.

I saw that there maybe an obituary for Karel but again have not looked further.

Newspapers.com Obituary Index,
    Name
    Karl Bohemen
    Death
    Abt 1964

There are a couple of entries in the London, England, City Directories, 1935 at the Sedgecombe Ave address for Karel but no Elisabeth listed. Seem to have been at that address for a while.

Two newspaper golfing items (1934 and 1936) have a K. Bohemen as a member of Pinner Hill Golf Club.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast