Linda L

Question McDougall, McNab

I am trying to trace the origins of Ronald McDougall and his wife Helen (aka Ellen, Nellie) McNab.

My my great-grandmother (via her father and her grandmother) wrote out a family tree showing Ronald as "of Luss, Loch Lomond" - which was then in Dunbartonshire I believe. I think that Helen McNab was born in Appin, and I also think that Ronald may not have been born in Luss, but may also have been born in Appin.

Anyone else researching this family?

Thanks, Linda

Knowledgeable and helpful DebbieAnn's Avatar

In the pre-1855 book of monument inscriptions for Dunbartonshire, put out by the Scottish Genealogy Society, there is mention of a Ronald McDougall in Luss Churchyard in 1817. It's unclear if the grave is his or his children's... (" Ronald McDougal and John M. in Aultchlay to their chn; 1817")

Debbie

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Linda, I have just found your post about Ronald Mcdougall and I have some information which might help you. I see that your post is dated 2005 so I don't know if you are still wanting this information ?

Jan

Welcome in, Jan. Linda hasn't visited since 2008. If her email address is still the same, she should get a message saying that someone has answered and hopefully will reply.
    in the mean time, why not have a wander round our assorted forums, and tell us about your current research.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you Lesley, I was hoping that might happen but wasn't sure how the site operated, fingers crossed that she still has the same e-mail.