Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

William married Florence Anning Snell in 1848 @ St James. In 1841 he was a servant in London for the Lascelles family. Florence' father James Snell was a Gamekeeper on the Badminton Estate for many years. William was a Butler for Edward Langworthy and is enumerated as such on 1861 & 1871 census. He died at home in 1874 from Typhoid Fever his age is given as 53yrs. It is only the 1851 census I can't find for William & Florence.

Famous for offering help & advice

I think you just have to accept some people aren't on census returns - I have a whole chunk of a family missing off of the 1881 census in Staffordshire - the wife is there with so many of the children but her husband, at least one of her daughters, her newborn Granddaughter plus a Grandson, whose parentage is unknown, are all missing. A working class family so did they spend the night elsewhere, or perhaps at their place of work, who knows?
    In your case the family have a child at Swangrove in July 1851, so in March 1851 could they be en route from one job/position to another, thus on the move and missed off of the census? Anything is possible...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12