Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Help needed to interpret a naval record

I'm researching an ancestor Jeffery Chatters who was born in 1875 and served in the Royal Navy. I have a copy of his service record which shows that he was a boy entrant in 1890. On reaching the age of 18, he became an Ordinary Seaman and he signed on for 12 years. However, he was discharged after only 18 months and his cause of discharge is noted with "DSG Haslas". There is some other annotations on the record but they are unreadable. Does anyone know what "DSG Haslas" may mean?
    Regards

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello, and welcome to British-Genealogy.

I am absolutely no expert on military stuff but I do know there was a naval hospital called Haslar. (My granddad was a patient there when he broke his leg.)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Hospital_Haslar
    And I wonder is DSG is shorthand for discharged. So could he have been involved in an accident which meant that unfortunately he was unable to continue in the navy and meant that he was hospitalised?
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

One of the lists that I'd forgotten I'd saved (in a folder called abbrev) says that RHH is short for Royal Hospital Haslar..

The list's title is "MOD Acronyms and Abbreviations"

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks for the replies. The hospital makes sense as the last ship that Jeffery served on (HMS Excellent)was a gunnery training ship docked in Portsmouth.

Wikipedia has a decent bio for RH Haslar. Click HERE.