Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Default Update re dispatch of service records

We know there's a huge backlog of requests for service records, but I can confirm that at the time of writing the delay is about eighteen months.
    I sent a request for my dad's records in November 2020 and I've just received them.
    Ironically, there's more pages about his service in the TA after the war than service during the war, though it does mean that I can date a couple of photos to within two years as I know they were taken while he was at training camp in Millom, and the dates are given in in his record.
    It also notes that during the war he was given a months leave - and I know that during that month he got a special licence and not only got married but also found time for a honeymoon.

Also included in the envelope were several pages of 'Useful abbreviations'.

My original cheque is obviously way out of date, so they've returned it to me along with an addressed envelope requesting that I send a replacement.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Since delays and backlogs these days are never as short as we hope, I've stuck Pam's message to keep it at the top of the forum. It can always be unstuck if it becomes irrelevant!