Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Barbara Grimes in Canada

I just wanted to post that Barbara Marion Grimes is my biological Grandmother. Although I did not grow up with her in my life I do know she was with Herbert Brown/Dalziel and had I believe 2 children with him. When they separated she didn't want the kids and left them with Herb.

Herb was raised by his sister Ida Dalziel and she married Cecil Brown. That would be about the time Herbert would have changed his name to Brown.

When Herbert and Barbara Marion Grimes split. Herbert was left with 4 kids. He brought my mother (Barbara M Grimes) daughter to his sister Ida Dalziel where she raised her.

On December 30th 1965 Barbara M Grimes was driving friends to work. On the way they were T-boned by another vehicle. Friend(s) survived but Barbara M Grimes died. She had internal bleeding because at the time of the accident she was pregnant. The baby also died.

Barbara M. Grimes is buried at Queensville Cemetery near Newmarket Ontario Canada.

I could not find any record of Herbert and Barbara being married so I would have to say they were not married until I get some proof. At the time of the accident she was with a guy (won't name not sure if living or not)

That is all the info I have of her being here in Canada.

From my mother was a story. Ida Dalziel didn't want my mother's name printed on Barbara M Grimes's obituary. Ida Dalziel did not like Barbara M.Grimes. From what my mother told me was Ida Dalziel had legal custody of my mother. One day when my mother was in school Barbara M.Grimes went to my mother's school and pulled her out early, put my mother in the car and took her to her Barbara M Grimes's house in Newmarket (basically abducting her) Ida went to pick her up from school and was told her mother came and got her already. Ida Dalziel (fuming) drove to Newmarket and got my mother back and told her to never make contact with my mother again. (note sure if the story is true or not but it was told to me by my mother recently)

Just wanted to post incase anyone else wants to look it up.
    ALL names mentioned here are of people who are no longer living.
    Last edited by Glen12; 03-01-2023 at 4:55 PM. Reason: Add title and fix grammer

Hi all,

I read this thread with great interest because I was hoping that someone in Canada might be able to help me to fill in some gaps with my great uncle. I have a patchwork of information but it would be wonderful to stitch it all together.

I don't wish to contaminate this thread or step on anyone's toes so should I start another thread in a similar vein?

All advice welcome.

Thanks.

Stuart

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by stufisher View Post
    Hi all,

I read this thread with great interest because I was hoping that someone in Canada might be able to help me to fill in some gaps with my great uncle. I have a patchwork of information but it would be wonderful to stitch it all together.

I don't wish to contaminate this thread or step on anyone's toes so should I start another thread in a similar vein?

All advice welcome.

Thanks.

Stuart
    If your query has no connection to anyone else named in an existing thread then you should always start a new thread.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

OK thanks for clarifying Pam ... will do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123