Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by NEALE View Post

Would be interested to know where I can get the other naval related research which has been talked about and the Medal Card. What Service Number do those appear under please?
    You can download them free from the National Archives (just register & sign in)
    https://discovery.nationalarchives.g...p=1925&_p=1900

Quote Originally Posted by NEALE View Post
    I found another bit of paper which has a number RG13/ 3173 which come with the K35493 Naval Service Record. So that was from 1901 and has mentioned does show William Neale as 10 years old and Catherine Neale as 8 years old both born Derby and shown as taken in Nottinghamshire.

"By 1911 Kathleen is an inmate at St James Diocesan Home For Penitents, 484 Fulham Palace Road, Fulham". Sounds sad but would like to know where I can find that information?

That means that the born 1891, 1901+10 would bring him up to 16years old in or around 1916.
    The reference RG13/ 3173 is the first part of the census reference for 1901, which I mentioned at post #5 - full reference is RG13, Piece 3173, Folio 154, Page 10.

The 1911 info I gave is the 1911 census, so you'd need to look at something like Ancestry or FindmyPast to view that. Here's the transcript from Familysearch:
    https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XW2V-54N

Kathleen Neale
    Born Derby
    Edmonton

I can’t see full transcript or image as the record is PPV.

Thank you again for answering the call, really helpful.
    I will take a look-see.
    What does PPV mean please?

Pay per view. I do have membership for Find My Past where I saw the entry but at present it’s £2.50 to view the record. I think there are other places you can view the 1921 census,other members may be able to help.

It looks as though she was the only occupant so may not be of much use and until you’re sure you have the correct family then it may not help at all.

Christina, thank you for this, sorry missed this post in my eagerness....
    Hope you are rested and enjoyed the day. Thank you all again

I think there are more records for him on Ancestry, but this time with a DoB of 24 Dec 1889!

As mentioned in my earlier post (#5), William was already a seaman when he joined the royal navy, and there is a record for him entering the training ship Exmouth under the Metropolitan Asylums Board, as follows:

William Neale, 24 Dec 1889, Entered: 8 Feb 1905, Discharged: 28 Mar 06, Union or Parish: Nottingham. Particulars of Discharge: SS Shropshire, as Bugler.

Failed for RN for flat feet.

This looks like the death of his mother, which would explain why Kathleen was in the Home For Penitents by 1911 and why William was on the Training Ship. Hopefully there should be some records for them somewhere in Nottingham as they would have been placed under the 'care' of the authorities.

FEARN, CAROLINE aged 43 GRO Reference: 1904 S Quarter in NOTTINGHAM Volume 07B Page 252

Brilliant, thank you soooooo much all who have helped, more information and parts of the puzzle than I could of hoped for.

Jomot1 thank you for filling in the gaps and linking it all together.

Again thanks for all in sharing and guiding me through this process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12