Settling in

Default BRICKWALL RE SARAH HARRISON CHESTERFIELD 1899

Good Afternoon Everyone

I am trying to research Sarah Harrison, who is registered as the Birth Mother for Harry Tully Harrison, who was born on the 23 November 1898, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England.

Recently, the BG Forum Members have helped me immensely with regards to Harry Tully Harrison and for which I am very grateful.

However, I am trying desperately to locate the Family in the 1901/1911 Censuses but without any success.

I can confirm that Sarah Harrison registered Harry Tully Harrison's Birth in December of 1898 and registered her address as 25 Chester Street, Chesterfield, Derbyshire. Father's Name was omitted from the Birth Registration Record.

I now have a copy of Harry Tully Harrison's Baptism Record Entry which took place on the 11 July 1899, at the Primitive Methodist Church, (Chatsworth Road?) Brampton, Chesterfield.
    Parents' Names are registered as Harry Tully and Sarah Harrison, address: Chester Street, Chesterfield and Harry Tully Senior's Occupation is registered as a Fish Merchant.
    Sadly, even with all this added information I still cannot find the Harrison Family anywhere from 1899 onwards.

FYI, I do have Family information and Marriage Records that confirms Harry Harrison and Harry Tully Harrison, residing in Liverpool from 1916 onwards.

I would be beyond grateful if anyone could kindly help point me in the right direction, regarding how to find the 'Harrison Family' from 1899 up to 1916 please?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Sincerely, SuzieQ

This is SusieQ's previous thread about this troublesome family.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ISON-BORN-1898

I am beginning to wonder if Sarah Harrison used the surname Harrison on her son Harry T's birth registration so that she could give him his father's surname but as a single mother. Another reason to find Harry T and father Harry in 1901 and 1911.
    I'll have to get back to it later and read the previous thread thoroughly.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

There’s a tree on Ancestry that has Harry Tulley Harrison’s mother as Sarah Ward 1869 Belper.

1901 at the address 25 Chester St are Richard & Mary Ward.

Following them back they do have a daughter Sarah Elizabeth Ward.

WARD, SARAH ELIZABETH - MMN- WALKER
    GRO Ref: 1868
    S Quarter
    BELPER
    Volume 07B Page 446

That is an interesting find Pamelawagster.

Richard and Mary are at 25 Chester St in 1901 but no children with them. In 1891 they are at Mansfield Rd Hasland Chesterfield Union with four children, Sarah Elizabeth age 22 a Tailoress, John Richard age 20 a Mattrees maker, Annie Harriet 19 Dressmaker and Willaim Broughton 9 Scholar. 1881 they were living in 92 Division St West Sheffield, Yorkshire
    Here comes the glitch. A Sarah Elizabeth Ward married an Ernest Hunter Chesterfield reg dist December 1/4 1893. They are together on the 1901 and 1911 censuses with their three children.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

This looks like the marraige reg for the marraige found by Christina. Cert May have address and fathers name.

Sarah Elizabeth Ward
    Register Office
    Chesterfield
    Ernest Hunter
    Derbyshire

Register Office 393
    Reference RO/27/094
    Derbyshire Registrars Marriage Index

Settling in

Good Afternoon Christanel and Pamelawagster

Firstly, huge thanks to you both for your kind help thus far re Sarah 'Harrison' of 25 Chester Street, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, 1898/99.

Many moons ago, I also came across the very same records you have kindly sourced relating to a 'Sarah Elizabeth Ward' (parents names: Richard and Mary Ward) and I believed that I had managed to locate the missing Sarah but as you kindly point out, Sarah Elizabeth Ward actually married an Ernest Hunter in 1893!

I had hoped and prayed that Sarah could be found somewhere but it appears she remains ever elusive.
    Therefore, I really would appreciate your professional thoughts as to why Sarah cannot be located especially, as we know she registered herself and her baby, Harry Tully Harrison, as living at 25 Chester Street in Dec. 1898 and July 1899. It's curiouser and curiouser.

Thank you again for taking an interest in helping me, as it is very much appreciated.

Kind regards, Suzie

Do you have the marraige cert for Sarah Elizabeth Ward & Ernest Hunter? If not then I’d be tempted to purchase it. There’s a coincidence with the address registered for the birth and a mystery of the marraige to Ernest.

Pam