Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Eve
    Very many thanks for your excellent, detailed summary of the lines. Your research and knowledge of the families will prove a great help to researchers including me.

Esther Burka nee Danby 1921-2016 settled in Toronto,Canada where her descendants still live. She was the daughter of Paul Josef Danby and Rose/Rosie Goldstein both murdered in the Shoah. There is a range of data on Esther and her sister Margaret online both remarkable people.

My best wishes to you and thank you for the information.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

My article on Adolphe Saalfeld, Gertrude Lazarus and the Paul Danby family is now posted on Cemetery Scribes Blog. There is a Comment link to all the Blogs and any one who has an interest in the lines is welcome to respond,

Loves to help with queries

Thanks for telling me. Sometimes I find synagoguescribes difficult to negotiate. The first time I clicked on 'Blogs' I arrived at the Blogs page and your article. Unfortunately, I closed the page before reading the article (got sidetracked) and now I can't find it. I've clicked on 'Blogs' twice and come to quite a different page. I've tried searching Blogs using the word Saalfield and the word Titanic and got "no result". This isn't the first time by any means that I've had problems finding pages that I know are on the site. I've got to the point that I now sometimes make notes to myself about how I located a page when the root wasn't direct. I know this isn't your problem. Gaby has done a great deal and I believe her husband has helped her with the program aspects of the site, but I wish there were a computer techie person helping her to whom I could direct issues I've had! Also, I never knew about all these articles on the Blog! I've only seen mention of some items - is there a list of articles with links anywhere? I'll try searching again by name of individuals and see if I can find your article that way.

"I'll try searching again by name of individuals and see if I can find your article that way."
    Curious. I'm getting no search results whatever now. Will try later.

Hi Eve
    I am not sure why you are having difficulty with the Cemetery Scribes Blog. I have just been on the site and my article is the latest one. My earlier articles can be seen if you scroll down including my new data base on Jewish Tombstones/Cemeteries world wide.

Let me know how you get on. I will speak to Gaby.

Sorry, that was my mistake. I was looking for it on Synagogue Scribes (where I do have problems find some records that are on there). I've found it now and posted a comment with more information about some of the people you mention. (I'm tired all the time and don't always read things properly.)

This post provides data on Frederick Hans Goldstein aka Saville the son of Marianne Saalfeld and Adolf Goldstein and nephew of Adolphe Saalfeld. My thanks to a descendant of the Danby/Saalfeld lines for providing some information on Frederick aka Hans and his sister Rosie aka Rosa.
    The surname Saville was an adopted name taken from Saville House,Manchester where Adolphe Saalfeld and Gertrude Lazarus lived. Following the death of at least one of the parents of Frederick aka Hans and Rosie aka Rosa they were 'adopted' by Adolphe and Gertrude and lived with them.
    There is a Berlin Death Record which refers to Adolf Goldstein and Marianne Goldstein nee Saalfeld 8 Mai 1902. I do not read German and am unclear as to which individual the death record refers to.

There is no clear indication as to what happened to the widow or widower of the couple.

Any clarification as to which individual died in 1902 would be appreciated.

The Berlin Birth Records show- Hans GOLDSTEIN b 28 January 1896 Parents Adolf and Marianne Goldstein nee Saalfeld. Frederick married Doris K WISEMAN GRO Marriage Index Jan qtr 1928 Marylebone 1a 1041

The 1939 Registry RG101/6196 (Copyright TNA)
    Frederik H SAVILLE b 28 January 1896 Chairman-Chemists-Druggists
    Doris K Saville b 28 January 1896 Unpaid domestic duties- Nursing Auxilliary Reserve
    Justin Weissmann b 2 Sept 1886 Private Means
    Ella Weismann b 2 Sept 1886 Private Means

The Weismann appear to be the parents of Doris.

In 1930 Fredick is living at 12 Lansdowne Crescent Notting Hill W11

Fredrick's sister Rosie aka Rosa married Paul Danby and her Probate confirms her murder in Sorbibor. Probate
    Rosa DANBY of Veronestraat 3 Amsterdam Netherlands married woman died 16 July 1943 at Sobibor Concentration Camp ,Poland Probate to Regina Van Den Bergh married woman attortoney of Marguerite Danby and Hendrik Adolf Warmelink Effects 31503 4s 10d. Probate 6 October 1953

Probate
    FredericK Hans SAVILLE 35 Roehampton Gate London SW15 Died 13 April 1964 Putney Hospital London SW16 Probate John Martin Wiseman company director £1078.

There is a South African Death Notice for Frederick - Transvaal 1964 suugesting he had an estate in South Africa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12