Thread: MILLS/ HEBBURN

Starting to feel at home

Default MILLS/ HEBBURN

I am rewriting up my family tree and have just come across something that has puzzled me....my research was originally done 10 years ago plus..but on the i.g.i and we all know how accurate that can be it gives James Mills marrying Jane Hebburn on 2 August 1818 at Tynemouth as a widower...ihave his baptism down as 19 May 1793...that seemed new to me him being a widower so i did another search and did indeed find an earlier marriage on 12 July 1818 to Jane Hebburn...now i am not as knowledgeable as you all and havent really done anuthing for a number of years except rewrite a few things but this puzzles me...i cannot find my page of data for James yet so....

Famous for offering help & advice

The 12th July 1818 date is probably the reading of Banns.
    At Tynemouth on the 22nd February 1817 a Mary MILLS, Wife of James, aged 29 was buried. A James MILLS married a Mary OLIVER at nearby Earsdon on the 01 Jan 1813 which could be a possibility.

Starting to feel at home

THAT SOUNDS PROMISING...many thanks...

In your place, I'd be checking the spelling HEPBURN as well. It's a common version of the name in the Border country.

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch in Notts View Post
    The 12th July 1818 date is probably the reading of Banns.
    At Tynemouth on the 22nd February 1817 a Mary MILLS, Wife of James, aged 29 was buried. A James MILLS married a Mary OLIVER at nearby Earsdon on the 01 Jan 1813 which could be a possibility.
    I had him down marrying Mary Hall in 1771 at Tynemouth..but cant find a baptism for her...

Famous for offering help & advice

You state in your original post that James was baptised in 1793, so can't have married Mary HALL in 1771..... so James:
    Born 1793, 1st marriage 1813 to Mary OLIVER, second marriage 1818 to Jane HEBBURN seems possible.
    Do you have them on the 1841 census etc for ages?