Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brick wall demolition expert!

Default Ancestry front page

What have they done to it?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

They've 'new and improved' it.

Allegedly.

They're still trying to convince me that I'm related to Boudicea and her hubby. Quite how they can prove it, I'm not sure as I don't think the Iceni were very much into written records.

Good news is that my saved 'quick links' will continue.
    Bad news is that I soon won't be able to add any more.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I for one think it stinks. They just cannot keep their hands off, and fiddling with everything,when it ain't broke.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Never even noticed because my shortcut icon on my desktop for ancestry is the search page. We all do have different ways of doing things don't we.
    What I am teed off about is taking out a sub on FMP after a break away because I thought it was clumsy to use and I should have listened to myself. I find the site very clunky and frustrating and have to force myself to use it.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by stepives View Post
    I for one think it stinks. They just cannot keep their hands off, and fiddling with everything,when it ain't broke.
    Lincolnshire County Council were the ones who fiddled every year.
    In the end I got fed up with having to alter the links to the Archives website, and then the links within the site and gave up bothering.
    They've now done another re-vamp of the Archives website, and wanted feedback. IMO, it's still just as unusable. Click twenty buttons, and you still can't get an answer to 'what parish registers, and for which years, do you hold for Friskney?'

And if anyone tries to tell me that a site is 'intuitive' to use I know immediately that it's completely the opposite.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Never even noticed because my shortcut icon on my desktop for ancestry is the search page. We all do have different ways of doing things don't we.
    What I am teed off about is taking out a sub on FMP after a break away because I thought it was clumsy to use and I should have listened to myself. I find the site very clunky and frustrating and have to force myself to use it.
    Christina
    Same, Christina.

FMP is not intuitive or user friendly IMO; it does though have some records which Ancestry doesn't have, but searching the databases is frustrating.

My Ancestry also opens on the search page.
    Alma

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    What have they done to it?
    I think your emoji is actually live video of their IT departments daily work routine

You can just picture the meeting, can't you - "I know, lets take away the only remaining thing that works OK-ish, get rid of anything vaguely functional, and replace all it with wall-to-wall hints that nobody can get rid of"

"Yaay, great idea"

I've sent them my feedback, but knowing Ancestry its just another case of

I'm not sure whether to feel relieved or insulted I've been left out! My Ancestry pages are showing exactly the same as usual. My bookmark goes straight to the Search Page and if I click on Home it only lists What's New and my Quick Links. This is perhaps because I customised my Home Page years ago to show nothing but these.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Brick wall demolition expert!

For those of you who rely on quick links from Ancestry's new home page:

Quick links will soon be retired, which means you won’t be able to add any new links. However, your existing links will still be available.

Is this a local difficulty? Mine looks the same (on the iPad) as usual - it’s on the anc uk version.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast