Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Mary,

I meant to say that it would be great for you to go ahead and forward the info to your two contacts. We appreciate it!

Hello Esther, thank you for your prompt reply. One lady is in the US, the other Valerie Nias died recently but a friend of the family is continuing research. I have sent your notes to both e of them and when I get a reply, I will give you their names and email addresses if they consent.

I had my DNA done by My Heritage and it confirmed I am 14+% Ashkenazi Jewish which I already knew because my Grandfather on my father's side was Jewish. Phoebe Myer Cohen was my Gt Grandmother. She married Isaac Cohen in 1799. I have one connection,she thinks it is with the Cohen's but I think it is from the Myers, her grandmother was a Myer from the Hull area of the UK and I think the family came from Germany, but I don't know anything about them. Have you put your DNA results on Gedmatch or Family tree DNA, I'm on both and find it good for matches.

Keep up the good work and please keep in touch. My email is [email protected]

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Mary,
    Both my brother and I look forward to hearing from both your contacts once they respond.

It is good to also hear that you have had your dna analysed and I am very excited about our connection tand the journey of discovery ahead, as qe continue to research.
    The info about your great grandmother Phoebe is very interesting as it appears she may be ine of two people I listed above and this info gives us an angle to look into going forward.

We will definitely keep in touch and thank you so much for your email.

My email is [email protected]
    My brother Lee- [email protected]

Take care and have a super day ahead.

Hi Esther, thanks for your reply.
    Maryeb

PS will email you.

Hi Esther
    Thank you for your e mail. I am still looking at any data regarding Isaac Myers et al. I have read about Michael in Jamaica and his descendants. It is going to be difficult tracking down Isaac and any links to Ilfeld, Germany. Currently, I am writing further will extracts and did wonder if Leah Myers NA 618 might be related. When I wrote the various will extracts it was difficult to get all the names accurately written so approximations occur. In the Leah Myers will extract look at the names Brandlow and then the Nathan Myers will extract Brandlow plus the milkman names. I wonder if there are relationships between these 2 Myers?
    Similarly, the Mitchell/Salomons lines - I started to see if there were links to other individuals in the will extracts but could not see one but my searches were not in depth- take a look yourself using the name search facility.
    What else do you know about Isaac pre slop seller/navy agent in Portsmouth and Portsea 1809-1924- I have seen his dates and place of business 60 St.Mary Street Portsmouth 1809-1814; 75 St.Georges Street Portsea 1814-1817; 40 Bishop Street Portsea 1819-1824.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Phillip,
    Thank you so much for replying.
    I also apologise fir my late response, due to a few challenges at home.

Leah was mentioned as the wife to Nathan. I will look at that will extract using the reference you provided. The reoccurring names in both Nathan and Leah's will are certainly interesting. I will look at both the Mitchell and Salomons using the search.

On Issac and the navy agent/slop seller links, I had read about this from an online article
    which had mentioned it alongside the information on Joseph and David being from Isfeld, Germany. Both my brother and I also came across the addresses where Issac lived in Portsmouth. We just wanted to cross reference and make sure we were researching the right family members and not someone else as these names are popular. But I am excited now, because we can go back over the above information and do some more digging. I will probably give you a shout if we get stuck etc.

I appreciate your help.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234