Starting to feel at home

Post Help Required to Find a Death Certificate

Hello everyone
    How do find a British Death record for someone who was born in Ireland Co Kerry , I have his birth record 1913
    I don’t know when he came to United Kingdom , where he lived or where he died .
    Is it possible to find death record with only this information ,any help would be helpful
    Regards
    Maurice

Maurice, as you had attached your query to an unrelated thread I have given your post a thread of its own where, hopefully, it will receive more interest.

A full date of birth and his name would help us to help you.
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

Thank you for that
    His name is Michael Fitzgerald birth 30 Feb 1913 Kenmare civic registered Co kerry Ireland.
    Parents were Edward Fitzgerald and Hannah Breen
    Regards
    Maurice

30 Feb 1913
    There's never 30 days in Feb.
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

Sorry about that .
    Michael Fitzgerald birth 18 Feb 1913 there are so many of them I got mixed up on the dates .
    Maurice

Brick wall demolition expert!

In theory the answer to your question is yes, however as Michael Fitzgerald is a relatively common name it becomes more difficult particularly as you do not know where he lived.

There are different systems in place depending upon where you live in the UK:

In England and Wales the holder of certificates is the General Registry Office and the local registrars office in the district where the event was registered. Prior to 1969 death certificates give the deceased's age. After that date the show the date of birth.
    Indexes can be searched on line in many places, but free searches can be done at FreeBMD.co.uk

For events in Scotland you will need to go to the Scotlandspeople web site, which you have to register on and pay to view.

For events in Northern Ireland you will need to go to their public records office site - PRONI.

Did he move to the UK as a child, with his parents? If so, start with the 1921 census. It won’t help for Scotland. Also the 1939 count, also does not apply for Scotland. With a common name, it helps to have an idea of the geography involved.

Starting to feel at home

Thanks very much to everyone who helped on this , the big problem is there 9 of them in the family .
    The only I can find is Edward Fitzgerald birth 18 Feb 1908 he remain in the home place.
    Parents Edward Fitzgerald and Hannah Breen married 18 Feb 1908 Reg Kenmare.
    They lived and brought us there children in Staigue Castlecove Co kerry Ireland , all the Children birth was
    Regards in Kenmare Registration Co Kerry
    Children Mary Fitzgerald birth 24 Apr 1919 . Margaret birth 5Jan 1911 . Maurice birth 15 June 1916 .
    James birth 01 Feb 1918 . Hannah birth 12 Apr 1915 . Michael birth 30 Feb 1913 . Patrick birth 20 Apr 1919 .
    and John birth 15 Nov 1911 . I don’t expect you to find all of them ,but give me some information , where I should look up ,some of them went to the U K , more to America. I looked at Ellis Island,American census , the
    1939 UK Reg and found nothing, I hit a Brick Wall . Once again thanks for help .
    Kind Regards
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by maurice1953 View Post
    Sorry about that .
    Michael Fitzgerald birth 18 Feb 1913 there are so many of them I got mixed up on the dates .
    Maurice
    From https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/
    MICHAEL FITZGERALD
    Date of Birth - 28 February 1913
    Group Registration ID 1253144
    SR District/Reg Area Kenmare
    Mother's Birth Surname BREEN

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

Thanks to everyone who helped
    Maurice