Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John Brough

Settling in

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    He’s in Barnton Gardens on 1948 electoral roll,no other person listed. I’m not sure when that roll was taken as there are 2 separate entries for 1948.

There’s no sign of him on electoral rolls in Edinburgh until 1951.
    That's interesting. That address is his grandparents and we think that on 11 March 1948 he sailed on the Apapa for Lagos in Nigeria. But we don't know when he came back. We're also trying to establish if Brian Ingle Brough and Peggy Edith Blaze had any children.

Famous for offering help & advice

I couldn’t see any births for Brough /Blaze in England. There’s a site Scotlands People which has the records for Scotland. I think that site is pay per view.I also saw a probate record for Peggy Brough,you can order the Will but I have a feeling it would name Brian as beneficiary.

Famous for offering help & advice

I’ve sent you another private message.

Settling in

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    I’ve sent you another private message.
    Many thanks. Sorry for delay – but will follow that up.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi. Came across this thread very randomly yesterday. To fill in a couple of blanks, Brian and Peggy Brough had two children: my brother and me, Alison. As guessed, we were both born in Scotland. Dad went to America for one year on a school exchange. He later went to work in Nigeria as a water engineer - returned to UK in 1965. Margaret Joyce was known as Joyce. She married Charles Tulloch and had one daughter whom we are in regular contact with. Please let me know if there is anything else useful we can tell you. Best wishes, Alison
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 28-05-2023 at 8:19 PM. Reason: Details of living people deleted in accordance with our T&Cs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123