Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XII Corps R.A.L.B.

Hi All,

I'm new here and having a bit of difficulty working out if I'm in the right forum.

My paternal grandfather was in the Royal Field Artillery and part of the XII Corps R.A.L.B. I cannot find out what the acronym stands for but presume the first two letters refer to Royal Artillery.

Anyone got any idea how I could research this?

Thanks.

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Hi and welcomeYou could try "Royal Artillery Light Battery"
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

Thanks very much, Peter. I'll give that a go.

Cheers, Ron

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Ron. As you have already seen, we have very helpful members.
    I have moved your thread to the WW2 Forum as it is more likely to attract more experts once it scrolls out of the "new posts" forum.
    If you you need help, you can always ask a Moderator (the tag's under our names when we post).

Default Thread move

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Ron. As you have already seen, we have very helpful members.
    I have moved your thread to the WW2 Forum as it is more likely to attract more experts once it scrolls out of the "new posts" forum.
    If you you need help, you can always ask a Moderator (the tag's under our names when we post).
    Hi Lesley,

Actually, this thread is a World War One enquiry - do you have a thread for that?

Reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you would provide identity details - name, regimental number, home location etc.

Default XII Corps R.A.L.B.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Perhaps you would provide identity details - name, regimental number, home location etc.
    Hi Peter,

Yes, happy to tell you what I know.

According to family, my grandfather served in the Royal Field Artillery and returned home with a "high NCO rank". There is only one person with his name that has that rank and was with the RFA so I'm presuming it is him.

NAME: John McGeary
    REGIMENT: Royal Field Artillery
    BATTALION: 315th Brigade (attached to XII Corps R.A.L.B.
    REGIMENTAL NUMBER: 1140 (but I can't confirm the person with this number is him)
    HOME LOCATION: He lived in Fivemiletown, Co Tyrone.

I'm happy to post a picture of the page I got from the National Archives with these details on if that helps?

My concern is that I will go investigating the wrong person, although it seems like that this is him. There appears to be no way of verifying where this individual lived.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers, Ron

Quote Originally Posted by cartoonist View Post
    Hi Peter,

Yes, happy to tell you what I know.

According to family, my grandfather served in the Royal Field Artillery and returned home with a "high NCO rank". There is only one person with his name that has that rank and was with the RFA so I'm presuming it is him.

NAME: John McGeary
    REGIMENT: Royal Field Artillery
    BATTALION: 315th Brigade (attached to XII Corps R.A.L.B.
    REGIMENTAL NUMBER: 1140 (but I can't confirm the person with this number is him)
    HOME LOCATION: He lived in Fivemiletown, Co Tyrone.

I'm happy to post a picture of the page I got from the National Archives with these details on if that helps?

My concern is that I will go investigating the wrong person, although it seems that this is him. There appears to be no way of verifying where this individual lived.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers, Ron

Moved to WW1.

Reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid I'm stumped!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast