Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Settling in

Mary Joan (Milne) Probert, a daughter of Charles and Mary Milne, died on 26 July 2008 in Weyhill, Andover, was cremated in Basingstoke, and her ashes scattered in the Garden of Remembrance at the Devon and Exeter Crematorium.

Yes, Edward Ranald Andersen Milne was the eldest child of Charles and Mary (Cheesman) Milne, born 27 April 1886. Edward married Mercy Strong, born 16 June 1912. However, her forename has been wrongly transcribed from the 1939 Register as Mary.

This Ryton is the one about 6 miles west of Newcastle upon Tyne, and was then in county Durham.

Settling in

I've now received the death certificate from the GRO for Charles Milne who died in Wolverhampton in 1930 and yes it's my grandfather. He died on 20 December 1930 at the Royal Hospital, Wolverhampton. He'd been living at 30 Williamson Street, Wolverhampton. His age is given as 67 when in fact he would have been 70 in October. The informant is my grandmother Mary (Cheesman) Milne residing at her parents' home (Park View, Ryton-on-Tyne) in county Durham, so it's definitely him. Many thanks emeltee for suggesting this Wolverhampton record.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12