Starting to feel at home

Default Searching for a passenger

I'm trying to find out when David Wallace Craig (born 1885 in Scotland) travelled to Australia. His mother Charlotte Ann Doole and 3 step sisters Margaret, Annie and Jane (Jean) travelled to Queensland, Australia from England on the 17th December 1913 on board a ship named Limerick. I know it was before 1926 as he was on the electoral register in 1925 Tia

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyred1958 View Post
    I'm trying to find out when David Wallace Craig (born 1885 in Scotland) travelled to Australia. His mother Charlotte Ann Doole and 3 step sisters Margaret, Annie and Jane (Jean) travelled to Queensland, Australia from England on the 17th December 1913 on board a ship named Limerick. I know it was before 1926 as he was on the electoral register in 1925 Tia
    David Craig born Dundee was on board the ship "Columbian" in 1907. However in 1908 he was on the "Canadian". He sailed from Liverpool and was a member of the crew. Could this be your David?

Starting to feel at home

Alas no David was born in Glasgow

Super Moderator

Do you have any more info about him? Have you found him on any census returns?

Starting to feel at home

He died in Brisbane 19th July 1954 and is buried at Lutwche Cemetery, Brisbane , Queensland. 1901 census he was living with mother and stepfather in Camlachie, Glasgow.still trying to find him in 1911 census

Starting to feel at home

Ok I have a David Craig aged 26 immigrated in 1911 aboard the Paperoa. Does anyone know if this ship sailed from England to Queensland

Famous for offering help & advice

a David Craig aged "24" and a Charlotte A Doole aged 49 are on the 1911 census at Camlachie

reference 644/2 28/11 - on Scotlands People

I haven't looked at the image because it costs money

There is a Mr. D Craig, Single departing on the Paparoa from London 20 September 1911, destination port is Brisbane. No age given and occupation is Assistant!
    Also in the Queensland, Brisbane Register Of Immigrants 1885-1917 is a David Craig on the Paparoa 6 Novemebr 1911. Only a transcription for this one.
    There is also a Military record for a David Craig but this could belong to a David Craig who was born in Australia in 1877.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

I've found a newspaper advertisement of July 1911 talking about passage to Queensland on the PAPAROA for £10 (including a returnable £5 deposit) with female domestic servants travelling free (£1 deposit)