Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default William Porter Royal Irish Rifles 1914-1915

William Porter Royal Irish Rifles
    Hi there, so today I found out some great information about my great grandfather from a family friend.

That my great grandfather served for the army in world war 1 in france for 3 years! which I think is unbelievable and is reg no was 13399 and we think a family member Samuel Porter who was killed in action on 1/7/1916 is reg no was 13398. But of course I'm after more information e.g like a squad picture if possible to see what he looked like then as my father has never seen a picture of him. So I would like someones advice on how far I can dig deep to find what I can, I'd gladly appreciate all the help I can get and also my fathers Uncle Sydney Haithwaite who was from York who was killed in action on Normandy beach in 1944 1st July.

Best Regards

Craig.P

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    Thank you, Jomot, for drawing attention to the duplicate post.

Craig, forum rules don't allow duplicate posts as it can be aggravating to reply only to find another member has replied on the other post, often resulting in the same information being posted, which is a waste of members efforts.

Jomot has kindly responded to your other post.

I am closing this, anyone who is able to help can reply on your other thread.

BTW, welcome to Brit-Gen Forums where we trust you'll enjoy your time spent with us.
    Alma