Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Vernay War Graves

Hi, I am helping a group that have adopted the graves of British WW2 casualties in Vernay, Netherlands. We have a few brick walls that I would love to knock down.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    I assume that you mean VeNRay War Cemetery in Limburg? If you only have a few brick walls among the 692 graves, you must be doing well!
    For the curious reader, it's HERE.

I suggest that you head for our WW2 Forum HERE and start a thread about your Venray research. Keep each message to a small number of individuals, It's easier to keep track.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Yes, I meant Venray. The group are doing their own research, they have sent details of a few brick walls as I helped them locate a photo of one of the casualties. Thanks for you help.

Great! You'll find the WW2 section HERE. Once your message scrolls out of the "new messages" list, that's where it's most likely to be seen by people who might be able to help.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

On second thoughts, after pondering your petulant reply, I won’t be posting anything more on my search. Thank you.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Um, when I seached for the meaning of 'petulant' most dictionaries seem to define it as "unreasonably irritable or ill-tempered; peevish; irritable".
    I saw none of that in Lesley's post.
    Perhaps you deemed her query as to the correct spelling of the cemetery as one of those definitions.
    However, I can assure you that anyone would have queried whether you meant Vernay or Venray, because the only result which comes up in a internet search for war graves is for Venray.

Thank you for advising us that you will no longer need our assistance.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Valued member of Brit-Gen

I thought that it was a funny response as well.