Lightbulb Hi from Whitstable in Kent

Hi all, my name is Stuart Tanner and have been trying to locate my paternal grandfather for over 15 years now. I’ve either missed something obvious or that ah-ha moment is just around the next corner. Either way, I am enjoying the journey trying to determine what is fact or fiction.
    Plenty of family legend and hearsay and would like to let my dad know who his father is after all these years.

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Stuart.

Our members love to help others with their ancestral brick walls so if you would like to post some details we could take a look to see what is to be found. For privacy reasons we are not allowed to post details of living people so if your Dad's dad is deceased you can give us all you know about him and see where it takes us.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thanks for the reply. The positives: I have a photo which I’ve gathered some clues from, a possible name, DNA on all the sites with closest 2-3rd cousins, a family tree with potential candidates estimated DOB 1920. The negatives: no DNA matches to the given name, no military number, plenty of dead ends. I suspect my grandfather is deceased but my dad is still alive. I’m looking forward to putting the photo information on the relevant forum.
    Thanks