Starting to feel at home

Default Ancestry saving files

Over the last couple of weeks I find I can no longer save documents e.g. census form to my computer, all I get is a TEXT file. Am I doing something wrong?

Brick wall demolition expert!

I tried this morning and did so without a problem.

When you view an image in Ancestry, there is a white button in the top right hand corner that says "Save", and if you click on this it offers you various places to save to.

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    I tried this morning and did so without a problem.

When you view an image in Ancestry, there is a white button in the top right hand corner that says "Save", and if you click on this it offers you various places to save to.
    Thank you for your response, that is how it used to be for me but it seemed to have changed on both the iPad app and when viewing via hints in FTM. I will login to the site and check. Once more thanks Roy

Starting to feel at home

I have login to web and found it but it’ now in tools shown with a spanner 🔧 symbol then I get a new menu.
    I can’t attach the screenshot image to demonstrate.

Hi
    I think you are trying to download to your computer when in yours or someone else's tree view? That is when I see the tool symbol on the upper right and the drop down menu which only has 'save to tree' in it. Am I right?
    Using the Search function then choosing and clicking on the transcript I want from the list of results I can open the image which, in the upper right corner has a white box with says SAVE. Clicking on this gives the choice to download to your computer, (Megan has already said this )
    I am not sure if ancestry have changed this Save to Computer function in the last few weeks when they were mucking about with the aesthetics of their site but it could be.
    So it seems now that an image can only be downloaded to computer when using the Search function and not when working on a tree where the link can only be attached to your tree.
    I don't use an iPad or tablet but I have read comments over time that the functions of various sites can differ when used on these although that doesn't explain why it has suddenly changed for you other than ancestry changing the way their site functions to make it 'more user friendly!' Yeah right!

ps. to upload a photo/image etc to Brit-Gen it has to have a URL address. This link explains how to go about it.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

Thank you Christina.