Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default hello from west wales

hi my name is Phil and i am researching my father John Graham Parker and mother AW Parker who both served in the RAF during ww2. Also my paternal and maternal grandfathers who both served in ww1.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Phil.
    As you may know, WW2 records are not yet available online. You can, as close relatives, buy copies, see info about how HERE. Not the comment in red about delays. It will cost 30 pounds and you'll need copies of their death certificates. Of course, if they are still alive, they can get their own records free.

WW1 records have other potential problems (eg 2/3 of service records were destroyed in the fires of WW2), but are available on the commercial sites.

If you are also researching their civilian lives, our members can often help if you provide the sort of info that makes them stand out from others. If you're new to online records, THIS thread may help, or at least amuse you.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you for the welcome Lesley. I have done some research on my fathers' maternal side and am back to the 1760s but my fathers' paternal side is a mystery. Hopefully i'll be able to dig a bit further on this site.