Default Greetings from the States

Hello all from the North Carolina High Country. I’ve been researching my family (Degge) and have been able to trace it back to the 1400’s to Stramshall/Uttoxeter Staffordshire. I’m currently planning a trip to Uttoxeter, Nantwich, and Derby in April.

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums.
    I do envy those who can get back so far with at least one side of their family research. My lot must have made a pact to make things as difficult as they could for future generations.
    Then you say you are also going on a trip to the UK in April. Wow. Enjoy your trip and visiting the places your ancestors stepped before you.
    I see you are finding your way around the forums just fine and have posted already.
    Enjoy
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thank you for the warm welcome Christina. I was very fortunate to run across some excellent previous research that made it much easier. I'm very proud of my English heritage, and am bringing my son along for the exciting pilgrimage. We also plan to take Holy Communion on Maundy Thursday at St. Mary's Church in Nantwich, where my 9th Great Grandfather attended. Good stuff.