Smile Hello from Trothseeker

Hello,

My name is Rob and I am new to this forum.

I have been attempting (researching seems like too strong a word for it) to build my family tree on and off for several years. Every time I come back to it I seem to find I get stuck at the same points and fail to make much extra progress. I think I need to do some actual leg-work and visit places to view actual, physical records - but I'm also hoping that I can find help on this forum that will save my legs and get me over some of the stumbling blocks!

The names I am researching are:
    My paternal ancestry: Troth, Cerrone, Mezzone,
    My maternal ancestry: Knowles, Bird, O'Hare, Newton, Tomkins
    My wife's pat ancestry: Nagy, Farkasz (Hungarian)
    My wife's mat ancestry: Casale, Losordo (Italian)

I am using MyHeritage as my primary tool for managing my tree but have to resist the temptation not to automatically link results from other people's shared trees without checking the sources first.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you soon and sharing anything useful that I may have once I've browsed the forums more.

Cheers,
    Rob

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by trothseeker View Post
    Hello,

My name is Rob and I am new to this forum.

I have been attempting (researching seems like too strong a word for it) to build my family tree on and off for several years. Every time I come back to it I seem to find I get stuck at the same points and fail to make much extra progress. I think I need to do some actual leg-work and visit places to view actual, physical records - but I'm also hoping that I can find help on this forum that will save my legs and get me over some of the stumbling blocks!

The names I am researching are:
    My paternal ancestry: Troth, Cerrone, Mezzone,
    My maternal ancestry: Knowles, Bird, O'Hare, Newton, Tomkins
    My wife's pat ancestry: Nagy, Farkasz (Hungarian)
    My wife's mat ancestry: Casale, Losordo (Italian)

I am using MyHeritage as my primary tool for managing my tree but have to resist the temptation not to automatically link results from other people's shared trees without checking the sources first.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you soon and sharing anything useful that I may have once I've browsed the forums more.

Cheers,
    Rob
    Just looking on Ancestry at Troth, Cerrone and Mezzone. There are quite a few entries for all, passenger lists from South Africa, India and Ireland, Probate Entries etc. etc. If you want us to have a look, let us know a few names and dates and we might be able to find something.

Welcome to BG, Rob. Have a wander round and see what is where. You have an interesting collection of surnames, so it's probably most profitable to break the family into regional groups. Remember that some names are locally rare (or locally common) so it helps to give whatever you have that might make yours appear in a crowd.

If you haven't done much forum-type research, you may find bits of this thread HERE useful.

Thanks for your welcome messages.

I have posted some threads with detail of the info I would like to find.

It would be great if I could find some answers on this site, and also if I can be of use to anyone too.

Cheers,
    Rob