Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Time to wrap this one up -
    I have obtained Eliza's birth certificate, and subscribed to a site that gives access to the parish records of St Michael the Archangel, Braintree.
    The parish baptismal record shows that Eliza was the daughter of Mary Potter, widow. Eliza is designated "Illegitimate" and was born 3 May 1844
    The birth certificate shows that Eliza was born 3 May 1844. Father:- Daniel Wright, brushmaker Mother:- Mary Potter formerly Wendon. The informant was Mary Potter, mother who signed with her mark.

So it looks like I need not find out more about James Potter and I need now to find the "Wright" man.
    The only "Daniel Wright" I can find in Braintree in the 1841 census is a 70 year-old Shoemaker.

Thanks for your help on this
    daryl

Famous for offering help & advice

There is a Daniel Wright, Brush Maker born c1813 Scotland living in Saint Mary Newington in the 1851 & 1861 census.

Thanks Jomot1. I am at a complete loss when trying to find Daniel Wright, brush maker and father to Eliza Potter born Braintree 1844, or at least I was until I logged on again and found your reply.
    At least somewhere to start, thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123