Starting to feel at home

Default Finding a Husband

I'm trying to find out my Grandfather's sisters surname which I never knew or who she married.
    born Kathleen Alice White around 1920 in Heywood, Wiltshire to Henry John White and Alice Bertha Franklin. She died a widow in Leith, Edinburgh in 1988. That's all I know. Tia

Welcometo the British-Genealogy forums
    The birth registration for your grandfather's sister is on FreeBMD
    Kathleen Alice White. DEC 1/4 1920 registration district Westbury. W (which includes Heywood) vol 5a page 212
    She is on the 1939 register and her birth date is 10 October 1920. She is a leather glove maker machinist. When females married they submitted their details so the register entry gave their new married surname. In White is crossed out and Daly Wilde is written above it. There are also two separate green handwritten codes in the left hand column. The Daley has a light green line through it so whether she married twice to a Daly then a Wilde more searching needs to be done.
    Christina

ps I have moved your post to the Brickwall forum and it still has your original title.
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

There is a death registration in Leith, 1988 for Kathleen Alice Daly (mother's maiden surname Franklin) aged 68. As women keep their maiden surname in Scotland, it is also registered under Kathleen Alice White.

There is also a marriage in Scotland in 1970, Kathleen Alice White to George Alexander Daly (in the Haymarket registration district).

George Alexander Daly appears to have died in 1977 in the Haymarket registration district (Edinburgh/Leith area)

Famous for offering help & advice

the 1988 death record on Scotlands People website gives name

Kathleen Alice DALY - mother's maiden name Franklin - Leith district aged 68. Ref 732/836

sorry, crossposted

Starting to feel at home

Thanks for moving my post, So far the response has been great, so there's a possibility of a 2nd marriage. Do we know if Kathleen was buried or cremated.