Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default News Paper Archive advice.

Hello Everyone,
    I have been helping 49 Squadron Association and the families & descendants of the crew from Lancaster Bomber ND474 killed in Action 16 March 1944.
    We have found photographs of 6 of the crew but have struggled for many years to find one of Flying Officer John Joseph Knowles. We have his service record and have explored much of the information held in in. We have contacted distant relatives etc, searched squadron photographs, but to date have been unsuccessful.
    So, I thought I would try another route and I am reaching out to anyone with good knowledge of Newspaper Archives, especially during WW2.
    We are hoping there may be an announcement in the Hendon or Willesden area of John Knowles marriage to Toryie Kusumoto on the 20th July 1943 and fingers crossed a photograph in the local newspaper around that time of the marriage. Toryie Kusumoto was the daughter of Seyemon Kusumoto a well-known Japanese gardener and designer in the area.
    It is a long shot, but have any archivists or researchers come across many wedding photos during their research, printed in local British newspapers during this time?
    I understand the local records in Brent hold the newspaper archives on microfiche for the Willesden area and will search on our behalf for a fee, but do those with good newspaper archive knowledge think the search would be worthwhile investing in?
    Many thanks for any advice
    Regards
    Mandy

The marriage reg on FreeBMD gives the bride's first name spelling as Torye so alternative spelling may help when searching.
    I have also moved this thread to the WW11 forum
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Christina, thank you so much for your response & nudging my request to another forum! I'm a newbie to forums and asking for help. I've pottered along for years with my own personal family research along with researching the crew of ND474. However, my research for John Knowles has hit a brickwall and has now become a priority for me on behalf of ND474 crew families. Hence I have reached out on your forum for help & advice.
    I have a copy of John Knowles & Toriye Kusomoto marriage certicate & realise i have transcribed her name incorrectly in my original post.
    Hoping your knowledable members can offer advice & suggestions.
    best regards
    Mandy

Famous for offering help & advice

You may be very lucky with a photo in the paper, but with wartime shortages of paper, a lot of items like Wedding columns and photos were dropped for the duration. Also with the bride presumably being of Japanese descent the family may have felt it unwise to advertise the marriage too widely.
    Unfortunately the 'Willesden Chronicle' on the British Newspaper Archive ends at 1913, so your only real chance is to ask the website if the coverage of that title is/could be expanded in the near future.