Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default CPL H A GREEN, Stalag 1VB 1944

I have a Dutch Bible that CPL Green wrote his name in and No. in along with three others with Dutch sounding names. I am assuming Green is an English name and he writes the date in English as 20 MaY 1944. CPL Green 269928 and 6018387. I am wondering if CPL Green could possibly be alive or if family know about CPL Green's history and would like the Bible.

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Linda
    Cpl Henry Arthur Green was born 22 October 1918 in Essex and served in the Essex regiment. 6018387 is his service number and 269928 is his POW number. He was captured in Italy.
    From FreeBMD his birth registration gives his mother maiden surname as Scudder. The registration district of birth is Maldon.
    Parents marriage Henry A Green to Alice Phoebe Scudder reg dist Ongar Essex March 1/4 1913.

This seems to be Henry Arthur's death registration in Suffolk October 1/4 1974 age 56 birthday 22 Oct 1918, From his probate record he died 27 November 1974.

I'll see if I can find any family but I will have to give you the information by private message because we are not allowed to post the names of living people. Other members may get to it before me
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I can see Henry Arthur's marriage on FreeBMD in 1945 Chelmsford registration district and the bride's surname is not a common one but when I started to look for children registered to Green, mother's maiden name R...., there seemed to be too many births so I went looking for marriages of Green and R... and there are 5 between 1945 and 1954 so need to try and sort them out by place of birth.
    There was a Green/R... couple married in West Ham in March 1/4 1954 and all the Gree/R... births start in 1957 and are in West Ham and East Ham. Because Henry Arthur Green and his wife were married 1945 and the first birth wasn't until 1957 it is looking like Henry didn't have children. So that leaves us looking for descendants of his siblings.
    His wife was born Sept 1/4 1927 registration district Chelmsford initials B L R
    Christina
    William Burroughs

There is a twist to this search beginning to emerge.
    A tree on ancestry has Henry Arthur's wife Beryl L Rouse ( I can name her as she is reported as death 17 July 2011. The tree gives the husband of Beryl as a Robert Reeder and sure enough there is a marriage for a Beryl L Rouse/Green to a Robert Reeder in 1950 reg dist West Ham. So Henry Arthur wasn't married very long and they had one daughter birth registered Sept 1/4 1946 reg dist Chelmsford.
    Daughter married with surname of her mother's second husband in Dec 1/4 1971 Brentwood registration district.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

I see that whilst I have been faffing about one of the other Mods has kindly moved this thread to the History Topics WW2 1939-1945 forum. It still has the same title you gave it.
    I will come back to it all later and send you a pm with all names and in chronological order. Then we need to try and locate living direct descendants of Henry Arthur.
    It may be that someone else finds the necessary information before I do and will pm you.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

I have pm'd Linda with names of possible grandchildren of Henry Arthur Green.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

If their area of residence is known, it might be useful approaching the current local newspaper. They often like local interest stories, and someone from the family may come forward.