Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Army personnel whereabouts in 1917 & 1918

hi, I'm after the whereabouts of these two men in 1917/1918. I'm guessing they were in the same camp, probably N Yorkshire somewhere.
    Norman Price Hartley from Harrogate Service Corp S/N M/29549 and
    Frederick Ernest Fox from Bradford Medical Corp S/N 403114.
    Also, doe's anyone know if Frederick Fox may have been in Dublin in WW1
    Thanks
    Mick

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Syn View Post
    hi, I'm after the whereabouts of these two men in 1917/1918. I'm guessing they were in the same camp, probably N Yorkshire somewhere.
    Norman Price Hartley from Harrogate Service Corp S/N M/29549 and
    Frederick Ernest Fox from Bradford Medical Corp S/N 403114.
    Also, doe's anyone know if Frederick Fox may have been in Dublin in WW1
    Thanks
    Mick
    Frederick Ernest Fox enrolled on 21.05.1908 and was discharged due to a disability on 14/06/1919. There doesn't seem to be much more I can find, but someone else will probably find more info.

Regarding Norman Price Hartley, was his surname Price-Hartley or Hartley?

Discharged under Kings Regs 392 (xvia)

Kings Regs 1912
    https://military-researcher.co.uk/Kin...2/para-16.html
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

There is a birth registration for a Norman Price Hartley June 1/4 1888 Wakefield, Yorkshire West Riding
    Death reg March 1/4 1971 age 88.
    There is a Medal Roll index card
    Norman Hartley - Corporal and promoted to SGT.
    Regiment or Corps: 5 Dsc Asc (Army service corps, DSC - Distinguist Service cross?)
    Regimental Number M/29549

On the back of the card it has handwritten - "7/9/38, Grove? Lark? Terrace, Harrogate Yorkshire. The date is given on the front of the card when clasp and roses? were issued.
    Unfortunately his service record appears to be one of the 60% plus that were destroyed in WW11.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

"Regarding Norman Price Hartley, was his surname Price-Hartley or Hartley?[/QUOTE]

Thanks,It was Hartley, Price was his middle name

First, a very warm welcome to Britgen.

The Bradford Weekly Telegraph, 19 Jan 1917, carries a headline "Bradford Family's Unique Patriotic Record" and includes a photo of a Frederick Ernest Fox. However, the item goes on to describe him as a Sergeant in the R.A.M.C, previously serving in the Volunteer Forces. His age is given as 35 and parents are Mr & Mrs J Fox, 2 Nearcliffe Road, Manningham. Can be readily ruled out?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

There are some trees on ancestry for Norman Hartley Price with some having him with the same death registration I found and a couple of others saying he was killed in action in 1917. I looked on the CWG site and there are two Norman Hartley deaths but one was in the Royal Navy and the other in the Merchant Navy in WW11!
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Thanks Christina, yes that's him but I already have that info, looks like the missing bit is what I'm after

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    First, a very warm welcome to Britgen.

The Bradford Weekly Telegraph, 19 Jan 1917, carries a headline "Bradford Family's Unique Patriotic Record" and includes a photo of a Frederick Ernest Fox. However, the item goes on to describe him as a Sergeant in the R.A.M.C, previously serving in the Volunteer Forces. His age is given as 35 and parents are Mr & Mrs J Fox, 2 Nearcliffe Road, Manningham. Can be readily ruled out?
    Thanks, I'll double check that if I can find the cutting, Fred would have been 34 and I think he was in Chassum Str Bradford

Norman Price Hartley was discharged 2 February 1920 (Para.392 (XX1) K.R.

To find out where either of these men were whilst serving will probably mean looking for their regiments and units in the War diaries which are held by The National Archives - Here
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast