Knowledgeable and helpful

Exclamation Got a surprise yesterday

Hi
    I went onto findmypast to accesse my mother's record on the 1921 Census. As expected there was only a limited amount of additional information. But at least I discovered who my grandfather's employer was so I can add a bit more 'social history' to my family story.
    When I was updating my records in Family Tree Maker I noticed that I hadn't recorded the date of birth of one of my aunts who had committed suicide in 1964.
    Onto the 1939 register and accessed the family record which I had downloaded a few years ago but somehow missed my aunt's DoB.
    The SURPRISE was that the image showed two aunts who had died in 2004 and 2008 respectively, but also my last surviving aunt - she is 92 this year. Most of the other families had their living members redacted.
    Has anyone else come across this?
    David

Brick wall demolition expert!

I suspect that someone made a mistake. I just checked my mum's family and her brother who was born in 1922 is visible for the first time. He died in Spain 30 years ago, which means that his record wasn't opened until 100 years later. My mum's record is still closed - 1924-1987.

I've also checked my Dad's record and that is now open 1923-2007, so they are continuing to match death records.

It's been a while since I last looked at the records and it's very noticeable how many fewer closed records there are now.

Brick wall demolition expert!

My response was based on Findmypast's records. I just been to update my tree, which is on Ancestry, and yes my mum's family is how I described, but my Dad's record is still closed. So presumably the two sites update, or get updates at different times.