Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Default May Pocock dob 7 December 1920

The 1921 Census shows that my Grandfather and his family were living at 44 Rushmore Road, Clapton, Hackney. One person who is new to me is May Pocock, age 7 months and shown as born in Hackney and Adopted. The only one who seems to fit the bill is Vera May Pocock, born on 7th December 1920 in The Mothers Hospital, 153-163 Lower Clapton Road, Clapton, a few streets away from Rushmore Road. Vera’s Mother was Florence Kate Pocock, a Domestic Servant of Hill Cottage, Donnington, Berks. In the Census 27 year old Florence is a few miles away, in service to the Goldstein family at 190 Lordship Road, Stoke Newington. So far I can’t find anything else about Vera May. I’ve tried Vera May, Vera, May, under Pocock and Nicholl and surname variations, nothing. Also, was it a coincidence how close the family was to the hospital, or did the hospital rely on the local community? Any ideas please?
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

Famous for offering help & advice

A possible for Vera May in the 1939 in Hackney is Vera M Owen, later Symes, DoB 7 Dec 1920. She is with her presumed parents George J and Florence K Owen.

A Vera Owen m Walter AH Symes in 1951, Newbury, Berkshire.

Vera May Symes died 1992, Newbury.

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Brilliant and thank you. Plenty to delve into.
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan