This new thread is a follow up to requests I have received from British Genealogy Forum Jewish Roots researchers regarding what sources are available. Many of the sources are online while others require a visit. It is not possible to list the numerous sources and the following are among the main ones. They include those I have used myself over 20 plus years of researching my own lines.Some of the organisations require registration and a fee.
I have not put the list in alphabetical order or listed every feature that the organisations offer.
Cyndi's List which contains several hundred links to various sites world wide
FamilySearch - Latter Day Saints - world wide links, family trees and other data
Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain- library, family trees, publications, meetings
British Jewry- forum for researchers, data bases, archives
Cemetery and Synagogue Scribes- marriage, birth death, will extracts, articles, data bases
Avotaynu- leading publisher on Jewish Genealogy, DNA research, family trees world wide
Jewish Chronicle 1841- present; oldest Jewish newspaper with online facility to search archives
Ancestry. Com- family trees, data bases, census, birth, marriage, death data bases among numerous others
Findmypast- wide ranging data bases including births, marriages, deaths and many others
Jewish Encyclopaedia -references to individuals, history of the Jews world wide
Society of Genealogists, London Anglo Jewish Data bases which include family trees collected by Hyamson, Colyer Fergusson
London Metropolitan Archives -wills, records, letters and other resources
Spanish and Portuguese Jews Congregation, Bevis Marks-wide ranging and early birth, marriages, burial records and other sources
United Synagogue Burial records 0nline search facility
The Scottish Jewish Archives Centre- data base of 40000 Scottish Jews, papers on Jewish individuals, families, congregations, communities
MyHeritage digital records including Israel cemetery garvestones, family trees
Chronicling America Newspaper records 1777-1963 searchable by name
First American Jewish Families- 600 genealogies (Stern Collection) plus other references and sources
International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies
JewishGen- numerous data bases including UK, parts of Europe, family trees and many other sources including Special Interest Groups
ANU Museum of Jewish People- Tel Aviv. Searchable data base on individuals names which also relate to family trees. This is a major world wide resource base for those of Jewish ancestry
Sussex Jewish Records- this is an important and growing data base for those who have Jewish ancestors who lived in Sussex- marriages, births, burials
Irish Jewish Family History data base- searchable data base of many thousands of names. A major resource for those who have Irish Jewish ancestry
Australian Jewish Historical Society- NSW and Victoria- publications, data bases
JSTOR registration required for access to Jewish journal articles and publications
Jewish Historical Society of England- major research articles on Jewish individuals and Jewish history

Nb The above are but a very small selection and summary of the existing numerous sources of data on Jewish Genealogy. I will add updates where possible.