Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1921 Census

Loves to help with queries

Default 1921 Census

I have paid my £3.50 for an image and missed the previous page with the address on . Is there a way I can go back and retrieve that page without having to pay all over again ? Thanks.

Brick wall demolition expert!

You just go back to the image or transcription that you have already paid for. It doesn't (should not) charge you twice.

Click on Extra Materials. The address is on the page marked Front. You don't need to pay again.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Thank you Megan , all sorted now .

I was going back through 'My saved Records' and it wasn't working . I have sorted it now . Panic over.

Many thanks

The lack of address has really been baffling me. Thank you for that regarding 'front'.

I've ordered three, and two of them have been horribly transcribed so I had to find them in really roundabout ways. One I can understand looking at it. The other... not so much. It's made finding stuff a lot harder.

And no way it seems to submit corrections to the transcripts, which is poor.

Still I see the 1921 censuses as adding a bit of flavour, there's nothing I 'need' them for.

Knowledgeable and helpful

I would always buy the image rather than the transcription although it costs a little more. Great to see the actual return in your ancestors' own handwriting and make your own transcription.
    "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors.” Edmund Burke

I agree, and it's all those little details on it that make it worthwhile. But the searches are based upon the transcriptions so if they are wrong you then can't find the images. They still need a way to submit errors.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by antonyf View Post
    They still need a way to submit errors.
    At the top of the transcription page click on "More Actions" and select "Report an Error"

I've already done one. 95 RAF personnel were recorded as living in a semi in Bedford. In fact it was the enumerator's address!

Peter

Famous for offering help & advice

to save going to Extra Materials then clicking Front to get the address page, if you click on the right-pointing arrow on the image page of the household you are looking at, it takes you to the next image which is the address page

I guess I had been thinking it would be the left-pointing arrow (i.e. previous page) but I was wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast