Thread: Hayden Hyatt

Settling in

Default Hayden Hyatt

Looking for info on a Hayden Hyatt who was suppose to be in Ontario, Canada during WW2 for flight training at Cenralia Air Force base near London On. sometime in 1943. Look forward to hearing from you
    Thank you.
    Louise MacDonald

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

There's a marriage registration for a Hayden E A Hyatt, March quarter 1944 to Elizabeth M Lloyd.
    If this is ikely to be him, see FreeBMD for the reference numbers if you want to order a copy of the marriage certificate from the GRO.
    https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/login.asp

Death registration for Hayden Ewart Augustus Hyatt in December quarter 1978 gives his date of birth as 27 December 1921.
    Address at death is given as 19 Rodney Road, Saltford, Avon in the Probate Calcendar.

Nothing else for a suitable Hayden Hyatt on FMP.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

The AIR78 records at The National Archives have only one RAF record for a Hayden Hyatt:

Hayden Ewart Augustus HYATT, No. 813208. The slip is stamped with an F in a circle, which I believe means he was Class F Reserve - an airman pilot with no previous experience. This class was supposed to have closed with the introduction of the RAF Volunteer Reserve in 1937, but I've seen examples of it used after this date.

The block allocation containing this service number was 800000 to 879999 and was issued to the Auxiliary Air Force.

My knowledge of the RAF is otherwise limited to the bits I know from my Dad's service in the 1950's so I can't offer anything further I'm afraid.

Famous for offering help & advice

This is his birth registration:

HYATT, HAYDON EWART AUGUSTUS mmn POTTER GRO Reference: 1922 M Quarter in BRISTOL Volume 06A Page 347

His parents are highly likely to be William Hyatt & Edith MD Potter who married 1919 in Cardiff. They are on the 1939 register in Bristol along with a Marcus Griffiths Potter born 27 Dec 1914 who was also in the RAF and who may have been Edith's son pre-marriage.

There was also a sister, Honorine Catherine Hyatt born 1919. She was also living in Bristol in 1939 but was married by then.