Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Valued member of Brit-Gen barbara lee's Avatar

Thanks Helechau
    That's a good idea, that she "sat" for him. I knew he was an amateur artist, and an article by "Morien",the South Wales journalist, once praised "a cattle piece, done at Penlline". I didn't think of William painting portraits (or nudes), and imagined landscapes.
    Thanks also for that obit, which I hadn't seen. Morien had said of his love of art "he gave his life in the too-ardent pursuit of it". That had always perplexed me, but he must have been referring to the cause of death given in that article. However, William's DC says he died of "Disease of the colon, intestinal heamorrhage, 3 days". I wonder if that is consistent with lead poisoning?
    Anyway, Angelina seems to have disappeared without a trace after appearing briefly in William's will, although brother Thomas would have known where to find her, to pay her the annuity left by Wiliam.
    Barbara

A fountain of knowledge

I have just skimmed through the article Helachau found in post 9). What an amazing piece of research!
    I googled William Reynold Deere Salmon and thought I had found some information for you until I see that
    it is an old posting on Brit Gen of yours mainly about Deere/Salmon! "Who was Major Deere"

Also if you google that name there is an entry for google books for his Obit and the bio there might well help ie his Regiment etc - "Gentleman's Magazine"

I am a member of Tonyrefail Past and Present facebook site since my paternal side was from there.
    It mentions Tonyrefail in the article so perhaps you could post a plea for help there - that's all I can
    come up with.

This article refers to his painting contributing to his death.
    https://newspapers.library.wales/vie...0/3737346/100/

Amused to read somewhere how one wag, in referring to the wedding, came up with "The only time a salmon has caught a deer".

Really enjoyed this post - knowing many of the places referred to in various articles.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12