Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A fountain of knowledge

GRISEL
    Very many thanks for that - your research skills far exceed mine! I have in fact just emailed the contacts I made in USA prior to posting this plea for help ref ALMA'S 16 -
    "There's a William Emanuel age 52, born Wales, in 1880 listed as a boarder in John Beynon's household

A tree on Ancestry (Whitmore family tree) has William's death
    29 Sep 1880
    Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. Coroner's Reports of Sch. County, Sulfer Explosion. A coal miner.

Perhaps John Beynon died in the same explosion."

and asked if they can find Death Notice/obit etc and also anything from cemetery records. I am cross with myself for not thinking of a mining accident before as was concentrating so much on Passenger lists which
    don't seem to exist for John Beynon and famiy. Oh and I also asked how I would find his Marriage to Friswith Samuel 1st August 1878 in Shenandoah There must be documents they could find as I was told that"John became a resident of Shenandoah in August 1877." and out of interest would like to find something on "From 1879 John kept the Cambrian hotel as well as working part time as a Miner." Very many thanks for your help Jill

Famous for offering help & advice

As far as I can see for Schuylkill County there are no marriage records before 1885 and no births or deaths before 1893, so you may not find the records you need. There was a Welsh Church in Shenandoah but I can't see any records relating to it so far.

Here are some of the records available for Schuylkill.

https://www.phmc.state.pa.us/bah/dam/rg/rg47m.htm

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    https:
    //lithuaniangenealogy.org/static_db/PA-census1890-Shenandoah.php?letter=B
    John doesn't seem to appear on this list from Shenandoah from 1890.
    Hope link ok to post. Please alter if not. Thanks.
    Reading it I see this database is not to be reproduced....maybe we should break the link?
    Last edited by almach; 14-12-2021 at 6:47 PM. Reason: link broken

A fountain of knowledge

GRISEL

In fact the link didn't work

Very many thanks for your info in 22) - where did you find that out of interest? I had a reply to my email sent earlier today from

"The Pottsville Free Public Library does not have any newspapers before 1884, therefore there is no way for me to look for obituaries for you from 1880. There are no official death records in Pennsylvania prior to 1893, so you will not be able to get a copy of these for John Beynon or William Emanuel. I do not have an index for the mine reports so am unable to search through them for mining deaths. And official marriage records were not kept in this county until 1883."

so it seems like something of a lost cause but will still plod on! I did in fact ask if there are cemetery records and also my email was sent to several others so one day perhaps something will turn up.
    Very many thanks. Jill

Try googling Pennsylvania State Archives RG-47
    Records of State Governments

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by gilian rowland View Post
    GRISEL

In fact the link didn't work
    Jill
    I've done a bit of tweaking, so you should now be able to copy-and-paste the two lines.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

A fountain of knowledge

In view of the help I received re trying to find John Beynon and family I thought I'd post some info received from Pottsville Library, Pennsylvania by way of an Update.

" The Pottsville Free Public Library does not have any newspapers before 1884, therefore there is no way to look for obituaries from 1880.There are no official death records in Pennsylvania prior to 1893, so you will not be able to get a copy of these for John Beynon or William Emanuel. There is no index for the mine reports unable to search through them for mining deaths. And official marriage records were not kept in this county until 1883".

Update.So it would seem that it is somewhat of a hopeless cause. I had hoped to obtain Birth certificate of daughter Sarah Ann Beynon born c1879.

However I seem to have now found a possible birth for John going by previous information received from America but don't think that gets me anywhere either!

BEYNON, JOHN JONES GRO Reference: 1855 J Quarter in HAVERFORDWEST Volume 11A Page 669

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123